Phantom 1995

I know this story was discussed way in the past, but what was the story behind the 5th bass drum on the back sideline during the 1995 Phantom performance at finals? I have always loved that bassline and when I learned that it was only 4 guys I was really impressed. Can anyone fill us in this?

PS - Yea...I know this might "technically" fall into the historical forum, but it will get more exposure in here, and I'm just curious!

anyone?

Not sure about Phantom '95, but to keep the conversation going...

Magic '94 also only marched 4, due to one of our drummers being killed in a car accident in the off-season. (RIP) In his memory, we just marched 4 the entire season. For the drum solo only, we added a fifth...from the pit, if I remember correctly.

Edited by posaune10

Perhaps heartburn?

also, PR 2000.

was there a 5th missing in that line, or was it 4 the entire season?

~>conner

lalalalalala.

Long story short... They had a guy come in to fill the spot toward the end of camp season. Once the existing members of the Bass Line informed this cantidate of their shaved head "policy", he bailed. They then chose to stick with 4 for tour, as that was the number that they had been using all camp season, and they wanted to avoid a similar scenario with another cantidate.

Edited by flamdrag

So what about the back sideline thing?