Star of Indiana Onfield Warm-up

Hi,

I was wondering what Star's hornline onfield warmup was when they marched. Can anyone tell me, or provide me with media or links to midi files.

Thank you

Star didn't do an on field warm up. I think their philosophy was that they didn't need to since they warmed up in the lot. Someone confirm!

Interesting,

Because, I heard that the pit used, as their warmup, an exercise on Summertime.

Interesting,

The pit played "Summertime" on the field? :beer:

The years I was with them we did not do an on field warm-up.

Yea... I think they always played "When You Wish Upon a Star" after shows... not as an on the field warm-up... anyone confirm?

When You Wish Upon a Star was Star's corps song and sometimes encore piece. I have recording of corps playing themselves off the field after the announcing of scores. Star play it then as well. Well actually, they played the tune, then marched off to a cadence.

Interesting,

Well, maybe they played that when they warmed up in the lot! :beer:

I can only say that I saw Star live many times each year from 1987 to 1993 and NEVER saw them do an on field warm up. In fact I don't remember them doing an on field warm up the year they played Porgy and Bess (1988), which would be the only year logical for that paticular tune to be used as a warm up.

I remember speaking with a couple of friends who marched at Star and asked about the on field warm up. They said, "we don't need to do a warm up, we're already warmed up" Soooo, I dunno... Maybe they played Summertime as a warm up to the Disney Show or the Space show, but I don't know as I didn't see those years live. I certainly would have dug anything they played though!