Was the corps you marched first your favorite corps?

Maybe it's a regional thing, and a generational thing, but the first corps I marched with had just won VFW Nationals TWICE in a row, were the coolest, baddest, and most "corpslike" drumcorps in my area, and I have no regrets other than wishing I'd have been born a couple years earlier so I coulda been with them in 68 and 69! Racine Jr. Kilties, pre DCI, all male, old school drum corps, and I wouldn't have had it any other way!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greatest dad ever!!!! that is awesome.

The only year I marched was SCV '87, and yes, SCV had been my favorite corps before I marched with them. I wanted to march SCV so bad that I commuted twice a week from Sacramento. For Thursday night rehearsals at the SCV Hall, I'd have to leave right from my high school and drive 2 1/2 hours to Santa Clara. Actually, it was my dad who drove me (I didn't have a license yet) and he'd even leave work early so we'd make it to the SCV hall in time. I could never thank my dad enough for driving all those times and helping me fulfill that dream of marching SCV. And yes, SCV still is and will always be my favorite corps.

i was a bay area kid, and it was all about the vanguard and the blue devils for me. i can't say that i had a favorite between the two. vanguard was much closer to home, and i loved getting into the corps. vanguard easily became my favorite corps and remain so.

Yes. Started and ended with The Blue Devils...my all time favorite drum corps.