A funny drum corps thread

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtop...=50628&start=40

A kid started a thread on this board asking for information about drum corps, now the thread just gone to madness. And of course, you get the typical people who never marched and know little about the activity ranting about how horrible it is and how bad our posture is blah blah blah. I think you should take a look. I took it upon myself to just PM the kid and tell him everything he wanted to know. Snobs anger me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. That was pretty entertaining. B)

Holy Moly .... get a grip folks ... excuse me for being a newbie to this ... but from where in the heck did this drivel emerge?

:laugh:

Ma

Holy Ancient BS Batman!!!!! Thought the "Drum Corps Ruins Your Chops" was laid to rest when I marched!!! Many, many, MANY moons ago...... <**>

Holy Ancient BS Batman!!!!! Thought the "Drum Corps Ruins Your Chops" was laid to rest when I marched!!! Many, many, MANY moons ago...... <**>

Yeah I know man. I should tell that to my friend who's a trumpet performance major (and pretty #### good I might add)

That's pretty ridiculous. :laugh:

I think may favorite part is...

The uniforms remind me of something from Zorro The Gay Blade.

Wow that's freaky, I was going to post about the thread a couple days ago..but..I got lazy somewhere in betwen.

Lots of crazy get-as-good-as-quick-as-possible people..but then again look at the type of forum it is. Not exactly outside people really, their definition of fun is different from ours.

..but I think too many of them are reading too much into the musicality of drum corps as opposed to the experience. Guess they'll never understand it now (as most of them are pretty old)...but they're pretty good at playing at least.

Edited by gwai lo

I read the whole thread and as far as I could tell there was only one yoyo with the you'll ruin your chops bs. What I found surprising was how many recent DC vets responded with almost 100% saying what a great experience they had. Oh and the one in 10 who didn't.

Edited by ptr250

I read the whole thread and as far as I could tell there was only one yoyo with the you'll ruin your chops bs. What I found surprising was how many recent DC vets responded with almost 100% saying what a great experience they had. Oh and the one in 10 who didn't.

Yeah I know there were quite a few vets that were sticking up for the activity, but I wanted to just focus mainly the 3rd page (which is why I linked it).

you know, I always knew that when my arms turned bright crimson and then ashen white, and then I passed out, I was playing too hard. But because I have an

over-inflated ego, I always play that way. Of course, I also felt that my drum corps experience left me feeling dry and empty. I guess that's why my best friends in the

world (to this day...) were the people I met in corps, and I'm still interested in it and think the kids that march now days are so amazing.

But that's just cause drum corps wrecks your chops and everyone in it overplays and doesn't know anything about how to play their instruments. :laugh:

(BTW, if ANYONE ever came out of their corps experience feeling "dry & empty", I would venture a safe bet to say that it was because they got out of it exactly what

they put into it. Someone probably gave that guy a wedgie, and he couldn't get past that. Too bad... Oh well.)

Edited by GGarrett