Corps that "redefine" the activity

I have no idea where this thread can go. Most people associate redefinition of drum corps with the innovative Div I teams. I'm willing to bet that many things started in Div II/III but weren't noticed due to lack of exposure. Can anyone think of something?

In other words, "______ was the first to do the ______" (or something).

Alright, thinking caps on and older members please help us out!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Jersey Surf were the first ones to purposely take a penalty. It was fun to watch though.

Just trying to get this thread moving...I cannot think of anything else at this moment.

Madison did a drum rack thing a year after Les Etoiles did it.

This is for Division II/III buddy. Unless Les Estoiles is a Div II/III corps, I do not know.

FYI, Les Estoiles was a Div II corps.

How about this one? The Blue Stars 1994 show was "Pictures at an Exhibition". At the end of the show we used a giant picture frame to frame the corps. In '95 Phantom Regiment used picture frames in their show.

Was it Les Etoile that did the crazy rotating drum thing (is that the drum rack you were referring to)? No one else really followed suit, but thing was definitely innovative.

To be honest, though, I'm not real up on Division 2/3 history. Someone else with more experience might be more able to answer this question.

Well, I mean one of our vis. techs in 04 was on Cadets' vis. staff in 05... Maybe he was the secret to their success. :laugh:

Edited by TTitans909

was that 98 that Les Etoiles did that rotating drum thing, that was soooo bad###

and brown, how could you think that?