Bandettes Present...

I like it B)

Best wishes!

~Andy

Edited by Spandy

Very nice. I'm thankful that this corps did not fold under. Cant wait to hear you!!!

Best Wishes and have a great summer... ^OO^

The website still says All Girl Drum Corps...and the write up with the name change says nothing of going co-ed, and under membership it says young ladies 12-21. Did I miss something? :ph34r:

We will be doing parades and standstill concerts this summer.

The web site has been a slow work in progress because there are so many other aspects of the corps that need attention first, like cooks, drivers, and schedule, instructors and a million other small details. The new information is on the site if you look. The site will hopefully be changed within a week.

We are Co-ed and we are accepting members ages 8 and up with no limit on age due to the fact that we put both of our groups together and we are not associated with DCI right now. We have 3 male members that are commited to marching we have two or three others who have been at rehersals and are still deciding. In total we have 23 members commited to marching the summer. Dispite the number of members the group is doing a wonderful job. We have had 2 camps and will have our first performance on Memorial Day Weekend. For only being together for 2 months it is amazing what they can do.

Shara

We are not looking to join either DCI or DCA at this point. We first need to get everything in order and get this summer underway before we make any decissions like that. We are just not restricting ourselves at this point to an age limit because we need as many people marching as possiable. Just as so many other groups need as many people marching as they can find. It is funny how there never seems to be enough members to march no matter where a corps is from.

Have a great day,

Shara

It is very apparent that those who have the willingness and desire to march drum corp are few and far between. I live in extreme southwest lower Michigan of the lower penninsula and the closest corps where I could march is either over by Detroit (Lakeshoremen) or in Racine, WI (Kilties). Either way it's about a 3 to 4 hour drive depending on traffic and such. I wish so much that an all-age corps would start up in either Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon/Grand Haven, or St. Joe/Benton Harbor...but I don't think that will happen.

Who knows...maybe after my wedding and honeymoon this summer I may have the time and resources to march Lakeshoremen, but I just don't know. Of course, after the wedding I'd be a married man, so I'd certainly want her blessing and support.

Good blessings Shara!

A good choice, considering some of the suggestions. I was still hoping you'd stick with "Bandettes", but anywho...

Hope you thrive!