Smoking? What about drinking?

sex in public places.. although I have no moral issue with it.. and it is appealing on tour.. is illegal. and shouldn't be sanctioned by corps.

It is not sanctioned by corps!! All I'm saying is that it happens. For anybody who is wondering also, no corps allows underage members to drink either. Yeah it happens from time to time but it is not within the rules.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it happens from time to time but it is not within the rules.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Geepers, someone finally should just blatently say that! I mean, seriously....sure, stuff happens, but come on....do rules and contracts and binding agreements mean nothing these days???

THANK YOU!!!!!! Geepers, someone finally should just blatently say that! I mean, seriously....sure, stuff happens, but come on....do rules and contracts and binding agreements mean nothing these days???

I don't think you got what he said at all.

....geepers?

Yes, I say geepers....I try to have a semi-clean mouth....granted, I've been known in the past for something else....

I understand what he said....I just am stressing that I wish someone would just come out and say it, and everyone would understand it's about the contract, it's not about what age someone is and if it's okay or not.

Yes, I say geepers....I try to have a semi-clean mouth....granted, I've been known in the past for something else....

I understand what he said....I just am stressing that I wish someone would just come out and say it, and everyone would understand it's about the contract, it's not about what age someone is and if it's okay or not.

That's not quite what I said. What I meant was that nobody should blame the corps for anything, because the corps does not specifically condone this behavior. I also am a realisitic person who recognizes that it's going to happen, and everybody should quit making such a huge screaming deal about it! I mean seriously, has a corps ever folded because somebody got drunk? :drool:

I'm off to camp. Will reply more on Monday. Toodles!~

You guys sound like the PTA sometimes.

Do the minors in the corps have the potential to break the law. Absolutely. Does it happen anyway. YUP! It was never a big deal when I marched (recently), and in the unfortunate situation when a rehearsal was comprimised by hangovers, punishment was handed out in the form of basics, and additional rehearsal time was scheduled in. No one ever had a problem with overdoing it again.

As for the sex thing, well I wouldn't know in terms of the day to day nookie, but I do know that after shows, part of the fun was "interacting" with the ladies from other drum corps. RIght or wrong, I wouldn't change a thing about it. Maybe I'm too young (and childless) to know better, but I had a blast and it taught me alot about being an adult as oppossed to being on an extended high school band trip.

You guys sound like the PTA sometimes.

Do the minors in the corps have the potential to break the law. Absolutely. Does it happen anyway. YUP! It was never a big deal when I marched (recently), and in the unfortunate situation when a rehearsal was comprimised by hangovers, punishment was handed out in the form of basics, and additional rehearsal time was scheduled in. No one ever had a problem with overdoing it again.

As for the sex thing, well I wouldn't know in terms of the day to day nookie, but I do know that after shows, part of the fun was "interacting" with the ladies from other drum corps. RIght or wrong, I wouldn't change a thing about it. Maybe I'm too young (and childless) to know better, but I had a blast and it taught me alot about being an adult as oppossed to being on an extended high school band trip.

Umm...being an adult requires making adult-like decisions...

maybe it's just me...but nothing in his post said that he wasn't making adult decisions. :drool:

maybe it's just me...but nothing in his post said that he wasn't making adult decisions. :drool:

One night stands? Doesn't sound very sound or rational to me. Hopefully he was smart enough to wear protection, if a girl is that loose to just go romp with someone she just met.

:spit:

again...just because your views differ from those of your peers does not make them right, and the other views wrong. on the road, you're often at the same shows with a lot of the same people. you meet people, you make friends. it's not quite as slut-tastic as you're making it out to be. you're also interpreting his words into something they're not necessarily meaning -- interactions could be things like flirtation, etc. in case you didn't know, or were under the allusion that they were, raging hormones are RARELY rational.