Google Trends

Interesting. Take a search for "Phantom Regiment" for instance.

PR

It gives you Dallas, then Chicago, then Atlanta.

So yeah, it looks like it's where the ISP is. Stands to reason about Texas being number one, given the long association with Regiment and Texans...

My future x-wife lived in Meriden

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Wouldn't that be your wife??

:huh::beer::laugh::laugh:

The IP address does reveal a location but not necessarily where you reside. What shows up as your location is where the owner of the block of IP addresses is located. In my case, my local ISP has been allocated a block of IP addresses from a vendor located in Taylor, MI yet I am in Frankfort, KY.

is there another way that they track it then?

Heh, two of the results on that page have Fife and Drum Corps. Uh oh, woodwinds are on the way back!

I hate to tell you, but fife's have been in drum corps since the early 1800's and happens to run one of the oldest organization's existing today (founded in 1885). I guess you could say Fife and Drum corps' are the great grandfather's of drum corps world.

Yes, Meriden is in CT and it's not that bad!!! I do happen to live there, just don't go downtown and it happens to have an excellant music program in one of its high schools.

Reenie

What do the links to the right mean? Thought they might be brought up randomly but when I went to the site again the same links showed up. Wondering because two are for DCA Champs (2004 and 2006).

Meridan and Rochester are two top ISP group sites eh? With my Senior corps background first thing I thought was Hurrs and Empire/Roch. Crusaders. :drool:

I hate to tell you, but fife's have been in drum corps since the early 1800's and happens to run one of the oldest organization's existing today (founded in 1885). I guess you could say Fife and Drum corps' are the great grandfather's of drum corps world.

Reenie

...and they ain't never been the same since they allowed that dang brass instrumentation! b**bs

is there another way that they track it then?

Not currently...at least publicly availble anyway. I'm sure the NSA can pinpoint exactly where everyone actually resides based on their internet activity. :P