Cavaliers Sneak-Peek on MySpace

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but still no hint of what a Cassela-written Cavalier battery sounds like.

You didn't hear that pit stuff? I'm not sure he wrote it.. but he acts like it's his in rehearsals..

Aside from that.. lots of cool effects are being added, too. I got to talk to him on Sunday during DL Vis rehearsal and he was saying that most of the unusual effects were found by accident.. a lot of machinery and other sounds/effects.. hard to explain but.. dang.

The DL sounds great.. the opener is similar to Spin Cycle (starts small.. builds) but it opens with a snare player.. then quickly the rest of the snare line joins.. the visual for that section is the same.. just a few guys moving at first.. then more.. and they start to form objects.. it's cool.

I did notice that there were only 4 bass drummers out there, but I think that's due to an injury right now because they're marching the hole.. I guess the guy stepped in a gopher hole or something (OUCH).. no break but there could be some ligament damage.. so they're on a wait and see right now.. keep your fingers crossed -- I'd hate to be that guy.. to get all this way.. make the friggin line, then get injured on a STUPID GOPHER HOLE.

I hate gophers.

Stef

You didn't hear that pit stuff? I'm not sure he wrote it.. but he acts like it's his in rehearsals..

Aside from that.. lots of cool effects are being added, too. I got to talk to him on Sunday during DL Vis rehearsal and he was saying that most of the unusual effects were found by accident.. a lot of machinery and other sounds/effects.. hard to explain but.. dang.

The DL sounds great.. the opener is similar to Spin Cycle (starts small.. builds) but it opens with a snare player.. then quickly the rest of the snare line joins.. the visual for that section is the same.. just a few guys moving at first.. then more.. and they start to form objects.. it's cool.

I did notice that there were only 4 bass drummers out there, but I think that's due to an injury right now because they're marching the hole.. I guess the guy stepped in a gopher hole or something (OUCH).. no break but there could be some ligament damage.. so they're on a wait and see right now.. keep your fingers crossed -- I'd hate to be that guy.. to get all this way.. make the friggin line, then get injured on a STUPID GOPHER HOLE.

I hate gophers.

Stef

I missed the first couple weeks in 94 for the same thing. Rolled over on my ankle after stepping in a hole while tracking.

I feel that guys pain.

I missed the first couple weeks in 94 for the same thing. Rolled over on my ankle after stepping in a hole while tracking.

I feel that guys pain.

Geez. I did the exact same thing on a rehearsal field in 1977. Took me out for a week. And I had a "trick knee" for months. I would be standing one second and a split second later I'd be on the ground. That even happened while wearing my keyboard in rehearsal. My partner and I were practicing and the next thing I heard, he was asking where I went. He didn't think of looking on the ground.

... but still no hint of what a Cassela-written Cavalier battery sounds like.

It will probably sound alot like the SCV battery of old. Just substitute Yamaha for Pearl.

I can't wait to see the product of this design team...Saucedo, Cassela, Gaines :huh:

dude! that cadets clip is HOT!

did you guys check that out?? a 6:08 clip?! thats just nuts man! woot

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=29615878

The Cadets sound freaking amazing right now.

~>conner

Does anyone else get the following when clicking on the Cavaliers' clip link?

<<Invalid Friend ID.

This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.>>