Official DCP-I IV Announcement

Official DCP-I IV Announcement:

We are pleased to announce the formation of The Amelia Drum and Bugle Corps. Based in Grand Rapids, MI, Amelia (pronounced a-mA-lia, as in Spanish) draws members from across the country including much of the east cost and California. Focusing on bringing an unparalleled brass excellence to the field, Amelia has recruited members from among the ranks of the top drum and bugle corps in the nation. A recent Drum Corps World editorial actually accused Amelia of undermining competing corp's member bases by taking so many veterans into its hornline. This unprecedented flocking to a new corps comes on the heels of a "secret" show, musical repertoire, and staff announcement, accomplished by personal phone calls by the director to veterans in other corps. So many of them were simply blown away by the caliber of instruction and the innovativenes of the show design and concept that they simply left their current corps. Amelia rehearses under closed conditions in an undisclosed location within Grand Rapids city limits, and will reveal it's staff, show, and musical selections on the field itself in its first competition. Look for a forthcoming tour announcement.

Geez, talk about a friendly welcome...

Greetings from the ORIGINAL DCPI champion, Kosmos, as well as the director with the MOST titles under his belt :)

You know Matthew...

When a new director has to brag about taking members and staff from other corps, being secrative, etc...The unfriendly welcome was deserved.

Also I must defend my most hated director status. ^0^

Hmm I just looked at the tour of Amelia. We will be seeing lots of you guys.

A rival (FINALLY) for Mystré?

Edited by bssop97

Greetings from the ORIGINAL DCPI champion, Kosmos, as well as the director with the MOST titles under his belt :)

The count is 5 (you) to 4(me). Seasons in DCPI: 5 (you) 2 (me). :P

If we add FDCI I have you 6-5.

:P

Inter FANFARE conflict.... Gotta love it.

Ha! He claims he has countless veterans from the top Corps in the nation. Yet, all of the vets that you tried to contact in my organization (MAPS) were all age-outs or already committed to the corps. I think I lost 10 to age-outs, 5 to monetary issues and 3 to outside problems. Yeah, that's in the Horn line, percussion kept all but 2 performers and color guard lost 15 members. So yeah, PRK lost 35 members, Engineers lost 40; 5 of which went to PRK, Stake Drivers lost 20; 4 went to Engineers, and Caboose lost 3 sinced they were moved up to the Stake Drivers.

Ha! He claims he has countless veterans from the top Corps in the nation. Yet, all of the vets that you tried to contact in my organization (MAPS) were all age-outs or already committed to the corps. I think I lost 10 to age-outs, 5 to monetary issues and 3 to outside problems. Yeah, that's in the Horn line, percussion kept all but 2 performers and color guard lost 15 members. So yeah, PRK lost 35 members, Engineers lost 40; 5 of which went to PRK, Stake Drivers lost 20; 4 went to Engineers, and Caboose lost 3 sinced they were moved up to the Stake Drivers.

Hey Steve...

We actually thought the same thing for once... HA!

Hey Steve...

We actually thought the same thing for once... HA!

Dude, the name's Scott....