finals predictions

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol....lets get back on topic

no one has said much about div 3....but div 3 is the hardest to call, even if it is finals week. the underdog can always come out on top in our division, thats why its great. either way, d3 looks like its going to have some great competition this year, should be an exciting summer.

Indeed, you never know when it comes to div III....which is why I left it to the top four in my prediction. I marched div III for too long not to know anyone can take it, even if I never came close. In division II, it seems like you can at least get everyone's show in your head when you make predictions, and have had some sort of camp report. In div III, you're lucky if you've heard 5 camp reports. Most corps just like to keep thing sunder their belts.

I've heard from some educated people that Academy is gonna sweep this year. Their podcast had some good stuff but I haven't heard from the other corps so I can't say for sure, but some of the people hyping them know their schtuff.

Speaking of stupid... (They're)

Real classy, kid <**>

Actually "stupid" is slang now. It roughly means "very" so I would guess he is just saying they are marching a really big line this year.

Alright, D III prediction....

1 *tie)Revolution - Came off of a inactive year and placed 4th, you know they will go even higher this year.

1 *tie)Fever - Smaller, but clean because of it. 5th last year in D II, so they are up in the fight.

3 *tie)Raiders - To me it seems like they are just recycling too many old shows from other corps. They might get measured up to those other performances.

3 *tie)Yamato - Always there in the running with clean shows and an amazing brass, but this year just seems to be a bit harder to get that gold.

5)Cap Sound - Solid, great guard, well established.

6)Mystikal - Heard some recordings from last year, and a year can make a ton of difference.

7)Spokane Thunder - Will be fighting with Trinity and Dutch Boy for this spot.

8)Trinity - It's a new Texas corps, and I'm giving them more credit than they should, seeing as how it is their first year. Lone Star only made finals once I believe and Revolution placed 13th thier first year out.

9)Dutch Boy - Always a consistent corps but I'm not sure about their GE with the South Park show.

I'm pretty sure revo came in 9th in 2001.

Ok, here's a real quick one from a former Div III (not in order listed):

1-4:

Academy

ECJ

Spartans

Surf*saw them in wildwood, surprised the HECK out of me

5-8:

BDB

Teal

SCVC

Impulse

9-11: