Phantom 06 Vids

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought those were great clips- and that was a great vantage point for whoever recorded them. wish i could have been there--

OK! I just reread all 8 pages of replies... and now I guess I'll respond to them. Yes, I recorded these videos at Drum major camp, and YES it was a digital camera not really meant for making movies, but it's all I had. Trust me, they sounded 17849328 times better in front of me!

There IS a surprise twist in Ave Maria, as someone already said, I'll let you guys see that one...

oh gosh what else.. its late now but I will say that it was an incredible experience being able to sit in the middle of their horn arc. We also got to see their first full runthrough of the show, and it looks like its going to be amazing by august. It's just... great. :)

anyways, sorry I didn't get these here earlier, I was just about to put them on when I realized someone already had!!

Edited by awesome

Yes, I recorded these videos at Drum major camp, and YES it was a digital camera not really meant for making movies, but it's all I had. Trust me, they sounded 17849328 times better in front of me!

I'm sure they did! Thank you for taking those videos!

So, you went to drum major camp? How was it? Learn a lot?

:)

However, I wish this was never posted for the member's sake.

Some thoughts:

1. If you put up a clip, people will see/hear some of your show. If they like your corps, they will love you for putting up the clip. And since some fans cannot see their favorite corps right away, it's like an amazing gift.

2. If you don't put up a clip, you retain some fan curiosity and all that, and bashers can't bash because they don't know what they're talking about. Silencing the critics by risking nothing. But the haters will bash later when you put it in front of them at shows. Then what are you going to do, if it bothers you that much? Run and hide?

So one has real benefit to fans (putting up clips), but opens the group up to criticism which will eventually happen anyway. But since I personally don't care what haters say about anything that has to do with Regiment, for example, I'd put up the clip. It makes me happy to see them.

As an aside, I think Regiment was supposed to put up a paid booster area on their site where we would be able to see videos, but I haven't seen anything about that lately. Maybe they are going to do it during the season?

3. Members shouldn't have thin skins. Criticism is criticism. If it's valuable, it's useful to you to make yourself better, and you should thank them. If it's just hating on you, then smile and nod, thank the person who offered the criticism, and proceed on your merry way. Drum corps teaches you how to overcome pretty much anything, I firmly believe. So a little criticism shouldn't hurt anyone.

That's true even when someone is criticizing to advance their own view, rather than to speak to the merit of the material being presented, on its own terms. I think I've seen some of that here, which is fine.

4. What Regiment should take from all this, if anyone from there reads this board, is that the show will surely be extremely provacative. A few little clips have gotten a lot of response. I think this show will be emotionally charged for both the corps and the audience, and I'm looking forward to that!

anyone see thecomment under it saying 4th place. i think he should be beaten whoever said that

Brass ensemble = amazing

Visual wise, I was a little dissapointed to only see 6-8 rifles out there. There is something about having 35 rifles being thrown in the air at the same time that adds greatly to the overall effect. It will be interesting to see if they have an all weapon section this year in their show.

Brass ensemble = amazing

Visual wise, I was a little dissapointed to only see 6-8 rifles out there. There is something about having 35 rifles being thrown in the air at the same time that adds greatly to the overall effect. It will be interesting to see if they have an all weapon section this year in their show.

while i havent seen the show, i'd probably put my money against there being an all weapon section... it just doesnt seem like Adam Sages style....

while i havent seen the show, i'd probably put my money against there being an all weapon section... it just doesnt seem like Adam Sages style....

I'll agree with you on this one...here's to hoping though.