Glassmen Uni

DSCF2071.JPG

So on the main page there is a picture of the glassmen. Looks like theyre keeping that aluminum foil triangle thing on their uniforms this year. Now it's gold instead if silver. Hmm I seem to remember them dressing a uniform up in 1993....

93ageouts.jpg

Personally, I loved them the way they were: simple, but classy. That thing is huge and gawdy. Way too big. It really reminds me of the gawdy stuff form the early 90's. It seems to follow the old colorguard logic. When the socres aren't what they should be... add more sequins (or giant alumnum foil triangles) to the uniform.

And now for the usual disclaimer: I love the Glassmen, I love their shows, I think they are great, but I think this particular decision is a mistake. Not that anyone cares. Thank you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the triangle elevated from her chest? It seems so as I see a shadow behind it. Seems like a rather interesting and different effect.

There are several things new with this uni. First, the gold instead of silver shield. Second, they are wearing gauntlets for the first time since '02. And third, (this one is just speculation based on the pictures I've seen on their site) they have all cream sleaves instead of the cream and black.

Personally, I like the big shield, but it tends to get messed up when they march. Also, last year they didn't have different sized ones so the smallest girl and the biggest guy had the same size shield which looked awkward. Maybe they fixed that this year. I can't wait to see them tonight!

That is Bekah, one of the drum majors. The hornline and drumline still have the cream top with this new shield. Also, they now have cream and black gauntlets.

Kevin Stahl

Glassmen Visual Staff

Edited by Kstahl

markbriandynasty.jpg

(taken from Glassmen.org website)

Just look in the background and you can see the new uniform. Personally, I like it. I'm going to miss the second generation Serpenski triangle that they had on the older uniform. :(

(yes I'm a math geek...I saw that stylize G as a fractal)

Edited by sburstall

I was never to understand why DM uniforms have to be so bland compared to the rest of the corps. Aren't they part of the corps also? Guess I'm used to the DCA lifestyle where the DMs ARE part of the entertainment factor, not just metronomes.