Carolina Crown 2005

So I was just watching Crown's 2005 show and i'll let all who participated in that bad boy that it was awesome, one of my favorite shows of all time.

ANYWAY

Right at the end of the dvd, after the music stops and the crowd cheers, there is a close up on a girl in the guard--and i barely noticed that she had a big ole bump on her head!!

I was wondering if that was a bump from that nights show, or if it was there was a previous boot to the head.....

......or if she kind of has a growth.....which is totally cool cause chicks with growths are hot.

anyway, check it out. I feel terrible for her if the bump was from that night.

I got hit under they eye by a Muai Thai fighter in sparring one night and I could see the bump growing without using a mirror - believe me they can develop pretty fast!

Props to the girl involved for courage to make it through the show if that was the case. I remember seeing a girl from Southwind do the same, and my own daughter Sarah finished a show with blood streaming from her nose after contact with a flag toss that got caught in the wind early in the opener. By the time the show ended there was blood on her uniform, flags, anything she touched but she kept on going. Guard is not for pansies.....

Edited by kusankusho

In 1992, I got whacked with the big ol' French flag that was used in "Le Marseillese" when one of the baritones up front set the angle wrong. Even though I was wearing a helmet, I got a bump so big that by the time retreat ran around, I had to stay out of it because my helmet wouldn't fit me. It took a lot of ice to bring that bump down.

In 1992, I got whacked with the big ol' French flag that was used in "Le Marseillese" when one of the baritones up front set the angle wrong. Even though I was wearing a helmet, I got a bump so big that by the time retreat ran around, I had to stay out of it because my helmet wouldn't fit me. It took a lot of ice to bring that bump down.

More proof that marching your dot is better.

I kid, I kid. Don't go crazy.

A couple of years ago, one of the guard gals with Minnesota Brass had her rifle hit the turf, bounce back and hit her on the eyebrow. With blood flowing from her eyebrow and down her face, she finished the show and marched off the field ... we called the EMTs ... but she MARCHED OFF THE FIELD with the corps ...

... you go girl!

And to all of you ... be safe out there ... and have a really terrific summer.

As inspirational as some of these stories are I hope we don't get any more, although realisticly I know we will. I hate seeing kids hurt out there, show or practice field.

Each year I marched with Statesmen, I marched a show with shin splints. I refused to leave the corps until the show was over and we were out of the gate. Never mind that a full step size was out of the question and half the corps was behind me while the other half pulled away while we were leaving. :P