Gettysburg Pix

As usual my daughter took a pile of photos at Gettysburg. Uploaded them to a Photobucket Album this time so maybe they will remain viewable for a time.

If you liked last years Cadets, you're gonna love this years show. I came prepared to like the voice and to tell you the truth, it was less effective as part of the show then as part of the recordings. I didn't know *why* she was out there at all. Musically it works ; the addition of voice into the brass texture is (at times) spine-tingling good. As part of the show design -- well its really early I guess. OTOH the Alice soloist is great -- cant wait to see the show with props, guard unis, and show flags. The stick trick in the snares is awesome. Sequential sabre tosses off the benches also good moment. Definitely gonna a good year for the Cadets.

Xmen -- Holy Moly Batman! I was *really* dissapointed by the show given to the Xmen last year. They came to Gettysburg (visually) a total mess. THIS YEAR they look like they have a finalist show that remains very crowd friendly. Kids looked miles ahead in their training compared to last year as well. Kudos to the staff and YEA for doing a great job off-season. Radio section is lots of fun. You can tell the ensemble flag stuff is gonna be cool. And (for the nth year in a row) the crossmen have a beautiful ballad. Gonna be just gorgeous.

----

mike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to begin scoring the vocal performances next year in a new category.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S DECENT - NO!!!!!!!!!!

Then everybody will have to sing......

Singing is clearly a huge part of their show. How can you not score it with a judge trained and qualified to judge vocals?

so we allot points for one(or a handful possibly) corps, that the others just can't get b/c they don't have singing?

not sure how that one would work. :worthy:

Singing is clearly a huge part of their show. How can you not score it with a judge trained and qualified to judge vocals?

During this week's Field Pass, Dan Potter talked to some of the judges who were undergoing training to properly judge vocals and also played a snippet of said training.

During this week's Field Pass, Dan Potter talked to some of the judges who were undergoing training to properly judge vocals and also played a snippet of said training.

That's good news, but it shouldn't just be pushed into just GE. It needs 5 - 10 points of it's own.