Toledo, OH - DCI Show

I disagree with you on some things. Southwind's drill was not very good at all. It was very easy and yet it was still very dirty. Visually, the duality of the uniforms were not highlighted enough. There could have been more wow moments with this idea but the only thing they could think of was a corny little dance at the beginning and end of the show. I would also say that the mallet lines in the ballad are not where they should be at this point either. I found myself on the brink of laughing out loud last night as they fudged their way through them. They will not contend for a finals spot.

To add fuel to the fire, I was amazed at the raspy sound from their brass. Is that a technique problem that can be taught away or is it in the nature of their equipment?

To add fuel to the fire, I was amazed at the raspy sound from their brass. Is that a technique problem that can be taught away or is it in the nature of their equipment?

I'm suprised at the sound you describe as I believe Southwind is using King horns.

What I found so neat was that there is actually a score underneath the silence. It was incredible to watch Smith and Frank Williams start playing with the concept and trying different durations for the silence. The brass players are actually fingering what were their parts when the closer was played normally. It makes it all the more real.

man I'm jealous I wasn't around to see them creat that. absolutely cannot wait to see this show. :D

I'm suprised at the sound you describe as I believe Southwind is using King horns.

Southwind does use all king horns... I havent heard the line in person this season so i can't comment.