Crowd Surfing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the part I noted as "mosh pit" in my description of it from last Thursday nights dress rehearsal they did...

Call it what you will, but I'm glad it's being understood as a conveyer belt. I would hate for the drill/concept person

who came up with that to have to hear it be referred to as a "mosh pit" all year... :P b**bs

it's cool ^OO^

It seems a bit small right now. If there were a line of members instead of a circle/clump, it would seem more like a conveyor belt. But that may not be safe/possible. In any case, it's an awesome effect and its good to see the Cavies continue to try new things. I bet it will be in more than a few band or WGI shows next season.

It seems to me that a lot of the drill from Spin Cycle in 03 would work really well with this concept. Like the "deli slicer" section for example... (if you've listened to the designer commentary you'll know what I'm alluding to.) Anyone else getting the same feeling?

Description?

heh. OK, ummmm... "Blithering?" "Blathering?" I can never remember which is most appropriate...

Description?

The soprano line sits in a block (a rectangular) formation.. then a soloist is passed down, over their heads, on his back.. to the front of the block where he pops up, is handed his horn and plays a duet/solo with another guy.

While they're playing, two guard members come down the conveyor in the same manner..

It's really a cool effect.

Stef

The soprano line sits in a block (a rectangular) formation.. then a soloist is passed down, over their heads, on his back.. to the front of the block where he pops up, is handed his horn and plays a duet/solo with another guy.

While they're playing, two guard members come down the conveyor in the same manner..

Stef

It would be really cool if the soloist played while surfing over the hornline.

that I'd like to see.

It would be really cool if the soloist played while surfing over the hornline.

that I'd like to see.

he's not on it that long... and speaking as a singer (we use the same muscles and apparati to do what we do) I don't know that having to support both sound and breath while being passed down an uneven and constantly changing surface would work so well.. especially considering the duet/solo he plays.

Besides.. he has to carry his hat!!

Stef

Stef

OHHHH... I thought he was making fun of the way I gushed over the move at the rehearsal, as my "descrption" lacked content, other than "ooooo'ing" and "ahhhhh'ing" ... I didn't realize he was ACTUALLY asking for a description.

:bleah:

Thanks for gettin' my back, Stef. I'll be taking the training wheel's off soon...