Phantom guard

QUOTE(Spinninchick63 @ Jun 20 2006, 01:57 PM)

Anyways to answer the question. The guard guys were walking behind the green screens onto the field. A horn player was holding it up while they walked behind it. They then layed on the ground with the green screen over top of them.

Yes...I knew this already...my question is though how do they enter into the drill in the middle of the field where they first make their presence known to the audience?

When I was watching in Toledo,they just came out from under the screens. Maybe you just didn't notice till they were all together?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having gotten that off my chest, I'm curious as to why there are 6 "Fausts" instead of just 1. I can understand the desire to have that character actually portrayed by real person rather than just being imagined or alluded to through the music and guard work, but I'm unclear as to why the single personage of Faust is being represented by 6 different individuals.

im not sure if this is completely correct, but arent some Faust and arent some portraying the devil?

K, here's what I know. The show is not done especially the costuming which is making it more difficult to read, at least as of Toledo. I'm under the impression the show will make much more sense as 1 charachter is Faust and the other 5 are evil/devil like charachters. Give it time folks.

I, too, am a little saddened to see Phantom's tradition of an all-female guard come to an end...and this coming from a guard guy. I also don't completely buy the arguments that PR needed to add boys to make the program competitive.

Having gotten that off my chest, I'm curious as to why there are 6 "Fausts" instead of just 1. I can understand the desire to have that character actually portrayed by real person rather than just being imagined or alluded to through the music and guard work, but I'm unclear as to why the single personage of Faust is being represented by 6 different individuals.

I'm not sure how far they're pursuing the telling of Faust, but I'm pretty sure not all of the characters are Faust. There's Mephistopheles, the Devil, Faust's servant, the Good and Bad Angels. The male members could represent any of those people.

Edited by TSRTS13

Not just one guy but 5?

As a PR guard alum i'm kinda sad. I'm fully aware things change it's just hard to accept at first. But if that's the way things are going, then I'm happy to have been part of the tradition.

I still love them even if guys are involved. :)

those green tarp things placed around the field....the guys are behind them as the horn players walk them in (my fiancee got excited asking if I saw the people behind the screens)

I was specifically looking for the male guard members and didn't see them until about 5 seconds into the show when they came running from the corners/sidelines.

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp: