APD Pricing

I for one am probably not going to buy an APD of the Colts simply because I am poor, and lets face it, a little bit cheap too. But it isn't that I don't care or want to hear them, I do. I see the scores, I'm reading the hype, and I am excited for them! But I might be enticed to purchase the APD, if it cost a little less coinage. So this got me thinkin...

Do you think the APDs should be priced differently for different corps? Say for example and $2.99 for last years finalists, $1.99 for other div 1 corps, and $0.99 for DII and Sr. corps (do they make APDs of them?). Would a lower price for such shows result in a sales increase substantial enough to make more profit for these corps in higher financial need?

thanks.

and it's just a audio track? or is something else included. (sorry, I've really missed the memo on these thigns) hehe

I don't think they should be differently priced- MOST of the money goes to the corps. And a small amount goes towards legal expenses for making recordings available.

I discount prices based on talent- the money is going to a good cause!

I understand the concern though- 2.99 for a single song is quite a bit when you think about it. I was only willing to pay for Phantom's ADP. Just because I don't have cash galore. If I did though...

I don't think they should be differently priced- MOST of the money goes to the corps. And a small amount goes towards legal expenses for making recordings available.

According to DCI, "100% of the download revenue is distributed to the current member corps including Division I, II & III corps to assist in offsetting their annual touring costs. The revenue generated from non-competing corps or non-existing corps goes into the general fund."

So, assuming since you're "broke", you aren't SP. So it's 2.99 a corps. The only solice I could give you is that the $2.99 goes directly to the corps you buy for. I think the price is about right... if it was, say, .99, I doubt you'd have 250% more people buy it and thus break even.

So to clarify:

D1 -- 100% of sales goes to the corps whose show you purchased

D2/3 -- 100% of the money goes to a pool for D2/3

Senior and defunct corps purchases go to DCI

Edited by drumcat

Charging less for the smaller corps is truly insulting to them. You are saying that their performances are discounted.

i think its to much because all someone does is sit and have something recorded and u download what u pay for. i think it should be $1 for normal and $2 for finals

Charging less for the smaller corps is truly insulting to them. You are saying that their performances are discounted.

No, I don't think it's insulting or that it is saying their performances are discounted.

His suggestion was made to HELP these groups get MORE SALES.

Let's face it...there IS a difference between the top division I corps and other corps. DCI admits this by the fact that you get special features on the World Championship DVD for the top 6 corps. Is that insulting to all of the other corps?

I would also point out that you can buy the DVD for non-finalist corps cheaper than the top 12.

If you were the director (or member) of a "smaller corps", would you rather have

99 APDs sold (and thus listened to) at $1.00 each or 33 APDs sold at $3.00 each?

You're making $99 either way. I would think almost anyone would opt for having

more units sold.