Personalities of different corps sections

Hey there folks.

Reading all of the numerous posts about various different topics had made me relive many memories from my marching days. I was just curious as to you alums of various corps out there as to different "quirks" or things sections in your corps did to bond, etc. Here's my take on my days marching.

Sopranos-

Mildly egotistical. I remember that it seemed us baris never really saw eye to eye with them. We were always (At least i was) that it seemed the #### sops seemed to get all the glory and the hot colorguard chicks, while we baris/euphs were just background. I even remember in '95 when the aforementioned sections darn near went at it because of probably stupid reasons. That almost cost the entire corps a lovely midnight marching session. My wife (who also was a bari) always said the standard trumpet/soprano greeting was "Hi, I'm better than you!" :)

Mellos-

Cool parts. This seemed to always be (and still is) the section where all the hot horn chicks were. (Janella) Man they had cool parts. Except for the '92 jazzophonic year. Nobody had great parts. What was that, anyway?

Baris/euphs-

Foul. Unheralded. Sarcastic.- gee, maybe that's why the sops got most of the girls. :)

Contras-

Badasses. Hardworking. You didn't really cross them.

Percs-

Weird but very close-knit. When you see your snare line marching all in silver hershey kisses hats at one point, you say to yourself, "only them." :P

Pit-

Hippies.

guard-

I couldn't honestly say. They always seemed to be "getting to know" the sops or drummers.

I welcome any and all input. I'm sure those that marched with me have a different outlook.

Penny96

Proud Bluecoats Alum

Baris/euphs-

Foul. Unheralded. Sarcastic.- gee, maybe that's why the sops got most of the girls. :)

Hmm, did I play Bari because I'm that way or did I become that way because I played Bari. :worthy:

Oh ####, I'm BACK to playing Bari... Ook, ook, grumble, grumble, yeah, yeah, BFD, yada, yada (yep, sounds right to me) ^0^ :P :P :P

Difference between leads and 3rds.

Leads say: Oh boy I get to play solo (or melody)

3rds say: Oh boy I get to play LOUD!!! B)

Leads say: What is this drill trying to do?

3rds say: Where's my ####### spot?

And since Larry Hershman has ties to both our corps:

Leads say: Yes Mr Hershman, what do you wish to say?

3rds say: Yeah Larry, NOW what??? :worthy:

Sops/Trumpets used to have an easy way of solving problems. Whoever held the high G the longest after the cutoff at the of America/O'Canada was the winner. :P

haha...sounds fun...here's my experience with these different sections:

Sopranos: *high nooooooote* *crack* *high noooooooote* *crack*

Mellos: why do i suck so much!? (not a knock on melloplayers :P)

Baritones: my arms!!!!

Contras: DAAAAAAAAAAAH.......breath......DAAAAAAHHH...tone? what's that?