Cadets Show

I saw Cadets tonight, they won. Good for them. The horns were good, drums were the best part, and the guard was tight. Overall and good show. But man, TMI. JMHO! I could not follow it. People around me could not follow it. Everyone around me found it less than interesting. It was done well for what it was, but what was it ? I am not slamming them at all. Like I said it was well done. I just don't get it. What am I missing????? I will see it again and want to know what I am looking for. :laugh:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not that I've seen this show....

but my limited understanding is that it is a continuation of last year. :)

It's the same thing that they went through last year. It'll take them several weeks to get the staging of everything right so that you can follow the story. It takes a while to figure out how to get the audience to look where they need to be looking and to get across the things you are trying to get across.

They could drop the singer. That was distracting as heck.

I saw Cadets tonight, they won. Good for them. The horns were good, drums were the best part, and the guard was tight. Overall and good show. But man, TMI. JMHO! I could not follow it. People around me could not follow it. Everyone around me found it less than interesting. It was done well for what it was, but what was it ? I am not slamming them at all. Like I said it was well done. I just don't get it. What am I missing????? I will see it again and want to know what I am looking for. :laugh:

Sorry bro, can't help you with that. I have to wait until San Antonio to see them. Hopefully someone will make sense of it before then to help us, because I don't want to be lost when I see them. I did not see the 2005 show live, only on video, so I am going to have to watch it again to gain more familiarity with the concept and hopefully understand what's going on. I am going with my band, so it would be pretty embarrasing if a student asked me what the Cadet's show was all about and I didn't know what the heck had just happened either.

I haven't seen the show, but I have heard a recording. They sound great, but I can see how a viewer could be easily confused. The show seems like it moves from production to production very quickly. I also agree that the singer is very distracting, especially from a listening viewpoint. So far I am not a fan of the show, but who knows, maybe I'll start liking it as it progresses and gets better.

I took it to be an interpretation of Alice in Wonderland...hence the "Through the Looking Glass" and Alice, rabbit, mad hatter, and queen of spades characters. Also did you not pick up (hear) the references to time (from the rabbit), eat me/drink me (from the mad hatter), and escape (Alice during the ballad). Also the tables used in the 2nd number and ballad portions representating the mad tea party.

There were PLENTY of much more confusing shows tonight...Teal Sound, Magic, Southwind, and Boston. None made 'sense' to me from a conceptual vantage.

Cheers, :laugh:

Sean

w/Stp:

Edited by SeanOwenSullivan

I took it to be an interpretation of Alice in Wonderland...hence the "Through the Looking Glass" and Alice, rabbit, mad hatter, and queen of spades characters. Also did you not pick up (hear) the references to time (from the rabbit), eat me/drink me (from the mad hatter), and escape (Alice during the ballad). Also the tables used in the 2nd number and ballad portions representating the mad tea party.

Sean

w/Stp:

I did not get some off that. The tables I did NOT get. Now I do. Slan go foile Sean.

I did not get some off that. The tables I did NOT get. Now I do. Slan go foile Sean.

So who did you think the guy dressed like a rabbit was?

Who did you think the guy with the weird hat was?

The title of the show is THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS better known as "Alice In Wonderland"

Put it in context.

Sean

w/Stp:

So who did you think the guy dressed like a rabbit was?

Who did you think the guy with the weird hat was?

The title of the show is THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS better known as "Alice In Wonderland"

Put it in context.

Sean

w/Stp:

I got both of those. The girl in the red well............................Sexy outfit..............Not holding her in, was beyond me.