Walnut, CA Scores

Scores from Walnut, CA, live as they happen.

Div. 1

Blue Devils - 79.45

SCV - 75.9

Blue Knights - 69.15

Mandarins - 64.40

Pacific Crest - 64.05

Esperanza - 61.75

Div. 2

Academy - 75.4

Impluse - 60.1

Div. 3

Mystikal - 48.95

Hawthorne Gold -47.35

Jester - 36.85

Sr.

Dream - 58.38

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it goin' Santa Clara, you're doin' fine :)

I wonder what the record for the highest June score is...BD has to be pushing it.

BD has a LOOOOOOONG way to go to top the June record. Right now they are NO WHERE close to it. SCV currently holds that record which stands at 89.7 scored on June 29, 1985.

Not bad. Another 1 point added to the score for BD. That's better than I thought. I want to see what the jump in there score is after four days of rehearsal... I also thought the Cavies would close in... however, these scores don't mean much as a comparison, since Cavies and BD aren't going head-to-head yet.

Judging question: Is Div II scored on a different sheet than Div I? If not, shouldn't they "bump" Academy to Div I if they're scoring in the same range as SCV? Does DCI even "bump" units? It's been a while since I've really looked at the scoring systems. I know that WGI and their affiliate color guard associations used to move units to a higher division if they consistently scored (at least three times) above a certain mark.

Just curious; would like some clarification from anyone who is familiar with how this sort of thing is handled in DCI these days.

Judging question: Is Div II scored on a different sheet than Div I? If not, shouldn't they "bump" Academy to Div I if they're scoring in the same range as SCV? Does DCI even "bump" units? It's been a while since I've really looked at the scoring systems. I know that WGI and their affiliate color guard associations used to move units to a higher division if they consistently scored (at least three times) above a certain mark.

Just curious; would like some clarification from anyone who is familiar with how this sort of thing is handled in DCI these days.

Division II IS judged on different sheets than Division I. I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt that bumping ever occurs, since units have to go through a whole evaluation process to go Div I and then have to be declared before the season starts.

But yes, Division II is judged on different sheets, so the scores are really not comprable.

I wonder what the record for the highest June score is...BD has to be pushing it.
More recently, The Cavaliers scored an 81.45 on 6/24/02. They ended the month at 85.05.