Columbia, SC

uh - according to the judges you've got it all backwards

Cadets are winning GE - but they just got the drill on the field and its extremely difficult so the brass and percussion performance is lagging right now. A couple more days with some time to get comfortable with the drill and they will start capturing the music captions - the lines are incredibly good.

George not bashing just asking .

The reviewer is not a judge and that is his opinion. Why do you feel you have to defend the Cadets against a paying audience members views ??

To me it is like movie reviews. We have the professional critics and then there is the paying audience reviews. You read them you watch the previews but in the end we decide, I want to see that or I do not .

Thank the drum corps gods that not all shows are " The Critics Choice " .

Still pulling for that 12 way tie .

Jeff

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For instance, the gaggle of high school band kids around me spent most of the show trying to figure out which members had lost the one shoe and two plumes that a judge removed from the field. This was actually more amusing than the show on the field.
I found myself distracted by the amount of stuff that was coming off of their unis, too. :laugh:
Thanks to the mic going dead on the vocalist we could tell that it's a really nice hornline playing those back-up parts. We amused ourselves trying to figure out who the costumed characters were based on the snatches we could understand through the static.
I was pleased the mic didn't work. :huh: I found the characters on the field very distracting. Surprised they didn't take drums, though. I thought they were smokin' last night.
Phantom Yes. Yes. Yes. The best hornline of the night.
I don't know why but I have a hard time warming up to a corps that plays so much to the back of the field. It's like volume control by turning away. They sound great why not play forward?
it's a bit much to charge $6.00 to park and another $2.00 for the program. and an FYI, with two furniture stores across the street and railroad tracks from the stadium, it is possible to avoid paying to park at the school.
$6 for stadium parking-$3 for school front parking and $0 for middle school parking. B) You were smart not to cross over the tracks but on either side of the school you can find free parking.

Thanks for your review.

I don't know why but I have a hard time warming up to a corps that plays so much to the back of the field. It's like volume control by turning away. They sound great why not play forward?

From what I can tell, it lends itself to a distant, echo, reverberent feel which makes its way back to us...only a full-blown stadium can do this justice since the sound will come back at us instead of sounding a little TOO distant :P

Edited by JMS0527

It's Conner.

:P

~>conner

George not bashing just asking .

The reviewer is not a judge and that is his opinion. Why do you feel you have to defend the Cadets against a paying audience members views ??

To me it is like movie reviews. We have the professional critics and then there is the paying audience reviews. You read them you watch the previews but in the end we decide, I want to see that or I do not .

Thank the drum corps gods that not all shows are " The Critics Choice " .

Still pulling for that 12 way tie .

Jeff

he was commenting on competitiveness of Regiment vs Cadets... making the point that the program was a mess but their horns and drums were good - that Phantom would have a competitive advantage once they clean up horns and drums. The point was score related - but according to the judges this isn't the case at all - Cadets are dominating GE which means (in the judges eyes) they have a good show just need to clean up performance.

Thats' where the judges came in. If he doesnt like the show - so be it. But dont comment that Phantom has a scoring advantage due to "programming errors" by the Cadets - the judges clearly disagree at this stage.

As far as "liking" a program - that's clearly up to each of us to decide on our own.

And you'll end up bashing anyone's opinion if they don't like Cadets...

where did I "bash" an opinion? Good grief - and since when did we all get so sensitive?

More like - folks can HATE the Cadets and drone on and on about it but when someone questions or disagrees it's suddenly labeled as "Bashing"

Bashing someone is calling them an "idiot" for thinking it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread / no one is doing anything of the sort.