Walnut, CA

Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni: Blew me away. This alumni corps is going to be up their with the 27th Lancers experience at Foxboro years ago ... Almost makes me want to go to the Rose Bowl next year. Almost.

So, what can we do to GET you to go? Ask, seek, knock.

RM

ampssuck

Hey you guys have improved a lot over last year ... especially the drum line. Keep it coming.

Vanguard: Say what you will about the corps' performance over the past few seasons, when you watched them you knew you were watching the Santa Clara Vanguard. Not so true this year. While the hornline has definitely improved, as has the marching, they seem to lose their SCV branding with this "Moto Perpetuo" show ... It seems more like a MOR Cadets-type vehicle. The guard is a train wreck.

BD and SCV guard scores are pretty close though...Hmmmm

Drum majors have silver sequins rather than the teal of the rest of the corps.

. . .and everything fits in a different style. Very slimming to say the least. :)

scvspirit

The scores aren't really that close. .7 - 1.0 on a 20 point scale is like a 3-5 point spread on a 100 point scale, which is big between two top corps. On the field, at least this past weekend, I think the spread should have been a bit bigger, too. BD's guard is AMAZING. SCV made a lot of changes over the past few days, especially in the ballad. The staging and choreography changed a bit and there are some NICE moments. Somehow after spending the last two days almost solely on the ballad, the rest of the show cleaned up a bit, too.

Edited by alto92

scvspirit

The scores aren't really that close. .7 - 1.0 on a 20 point scale is like a 3-5 point spread on a 100 point scale, which is big between two top corps. On the field, at least this past weekend, I think the spread should have been a bit bigger, too. BD's guard is AMAZING. SCV made a lot of changes over the past few days, especially in the ballad. The staging and choreography changed a bit and there are some NICE moments. Somehow after spending the last two days almost solely on the ballad, the rest of the show cleaned up a bit, too.

to me it seemed as though the guard work was pretty easy, and then i asked my guard friend who was with me at that show if it was just me thinking that or if she thought it was easy. And she agreed... *shrugs* but yah thats just my opinion on it..

to me it seemed as though the guard work was pretty easy, and then i asked my guard friend who was with me at that show if it was just me thinking that or if she thought it was easy. And she agreed... *shrugs* but yah thats just my opinion on it..

Are you talking about BD or SCV here?