I want to know what DCP thinks of the Cadets show and vocals

Cadets 2006 Show and Vocals  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what you saw, would the show be better WITH or WITHOUT vocal amplification of any kind?

• With
    • Without
  2. 2. If she show did NOT contain any amplified vocals, how do you think it would be compared to its current form?

• Much worse
    • Worse
    • The same
    • Better
    • Much better
  3. 3. As we know, many "innovations" to drum corps are now permanent, such as high-velocity drill, asymmetrical drill, inclusion of the pit, etc. If the Cadets continued to prominently feature vocal amplification as they do this year in every future show for the next 50 years, would you approve?

• Yes
    • No

I saw Cadets on the field Saturday in Columbia and in a gym Sunday in Benson. Both times, I could not hear the vocals, for the most part, or they faded in and out (actually, flickered is probably a better word than faded). For this reason alone, I think the show needs to have more going on that is not related to vocals when the singing/talking is going on. When the mics/amps went on the fritz, there was all of a sudden nothing there. So I guess basically, I can't say whether or not I like the vocals, but I don't like how dependent the show seems to be on them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confused, to say the least. Take the 7-year-old son of a Spirit alum sitting behind me, for example. "Dad, why are there so many props? Dad, why do their uniforms look so silly? Dad, how come there's a girl singing? Dad, why are they talking? You just got finished telling me to be quiet during the shows but THEY'RE allowed to talk? Not fair."

Edited by Hrothgar15

Yank the vocals and its an awesome show!!!!!!!!

Confused, to say the least. Take the 7-year-old son of a Spirit alum sitting behind me, for example. "Dad, why are there so many props? Dad, why do their uniforms look so silly? Dad, how come there's a girl singing? Dad, why are they talking? You just got finished telling me to be quiet during the shows but THEY'RE allowed to talk? Not fair."

That's a pretty engaged 7 year old. I don't know many 7 year olds who even know what a "prop" is, or could make the distinction of what the talking means, or why it's allowed in the show. I won't flat out call you a liar or anything, but it seems to me as if you may be exaggerating a child's reaction just a tad. Maybe a bit of fabrication? Who knows...

All I know is that when I was 7 years old, I was a baseball fanatic. One day, my parents took me to a ballgame at Yankee Stadium. One would think I would have been mesmerized by the history of the building, the significance of all the events that took place there, and been totally into the ballgame and what was going on on the field. Instead, I spent most of the night running around the top row of empty seats in the upper deck. Because I was seven! :)

Yeah I', gonna have to say that Hrothgar15 is pulling some BS here...

A 7 year old asking about props? ..... ?

Anyways... Why don't you just edit this thread, delete all your biased polls, and just make one saying " do you approve of the electronics in the cadets show this year"

Or in past years, BD , Carolina, Blue coats... etc etc... just get to the point man.

Obviously I was paraphrasing what the kid said and those were by no means his actual words, but he clearly mentioned the props, the uniforms, the singer, and the talking. More accurately it was something like, "Dad...what are those benches for? You know Dad? The pink benches? Why are they there?" or something like, "Who is that lady? Dad? Dad, why is she singing?" The kid was annoying, but give him time and in a few years he'll be the perfect DCPer. :P

No wonder you couldn't understand the show with that brat talking through the whole thing.

Yeah I', gonna have to say that Hrothgar15 is pulling some BS here...

A 7 year old asking about props? ..... ?

Anyways... Why don't you just edit this thread, delete all your biased polls, and just make one saying " do you approve of the electronics in the cadets show this year"

Or in past years, BD , Carolina, Blue coats... etc etc... just get to the point man.

Well it is obvious how BD feels about it, there is none in this years show. Thank the lord :blink: