Someone steals from the Vanguard

If true, this is very wrong and very sad.

But no matter who it is, or what amounts are alleged to be taken, they should be innocent until proven guilty.

I agree wholeheartedly.

But that being said...

NOBODY steals from the VANGUARD!! :lol: :lol:- ^0^

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this happened twice while I marched Blue Stars. Two different women. I think it was handled by the corps as I think both were parents of kids who marched. Blue Stars also run a food stand at Oktoberfest in LaCrosse, there were a few years where there were "issues" in the money raised. I know she might no be guilty, I'm not even sure that there was a crime. $26 a night? I remember working bingo, LaCressent, MN. We would sometimes be sent by one of the Corps Moms to go get more coffee or more buns for the BBQs we sold. I doubt that was ever accounted for. Hopefully she did nothing wrong, but if she took the money, I’d stick it to her.

Mike

MYNWA

FCO

If true, this is very wrong and very sad.

But no matter who it is, or what amounts are alleged to be taken, they should be innocent until proven guilty.

Lee, but this just wouldn't be drum corps if we couldn't hear some of the facts and then jump to the most outrageous conclusion! :)

Having both played and worked bingo, I can tell you thounsands upon thousands of dollars change hands. The loss of $26 over the course of the evening, while unacceptable, is understandable in that nobody is perfect and there's any number of imperfect individuals with their fingers in the pot.

This woman may only be guilty of bad bookkeeping. It'll be an interesting story to follow.

$26.00 EVERY single game???? You've go to tbe kidding me!!!!!

I work occassionally at a bingo hall and handle $2-3000.00 per night.......the most I ahve EVER been off is by $10.00..........and that was ONCE.....I am dead on 99% of the time, when I AM off, it's usually by just one or two dollars....

$26.00 EVERY single game???? You've go to tbe kidding me!!!!!

I work occassionally at a bingo hall and handle $2-3000.00 per night.......the most I ahve EVER been off is by $10.00..........and that was ONCE.....I am dead on 99% of the time, when I AM off, it's usually by just one or two dollars....

Exactly, and I hate to say this, but she wasn't just any volunteer helping once a month. She RAN the program with her husband. She was there every single game. 50k my arss! I'd say double or triple that.

Edited by scv9396

not sure what you mean about playing first and third valve to both of us...... as for my $$$$$$$$ opinions, I've witnessed some of it first hand.......if you want to call that my "opinion" then fine, but you calling it opinion doesn't change what I saw with my own eyes.....what and whom I speak of isn't relevant.....it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong or that I saw what I did.

As for elrnhubbard, she posts in your own corps forum and signs her name there.....if you want to know who she is, go look her up!

P.S. semi-off topic but yet sort of related......I once had a bingo worker admit to me that he stole from the bingo patrons.....he sai d"they're always trying to steal from us and short change us, so I do it right back to them......when they buy large quanities of pull tabs, I short them a few, knowing they won't count them...them I just pocket the money later or use it to make up the difference when I end up short" I was like, OMG!!!!talk about having NO Moral character!!!!! <**>

Edited by Evil Reneguard Diva

I guess I missed it...that's why I asked what you meant about playing first and third to us.....not sure what that means.....I mean, I know there are first, second and third parts in a horn line, but I'm not sure what that measn here, either literally or figuratively...hense my asking.

As for her opinions/posts, they are worth just a much as yours and mine.

Edited by Evil Reneguard Diva

Come on now . . . this is America & in America you're innocent until proven guilty.

I did the math.

The article states $50,000 is missing over the 10 year period she was in charge. That makes $5,000 a year.

Breaking it down further . . . the bingo operation lost approximately $416 per month.

During each month there were 4 bingo games each week. (4 games per week x 4 weeks per month = 16)

Divide the $416 into 16 games . . . that comes out to $26.00 per game that cannot be accounted for.

Having both played and worked bingo, I can tell you thounsands upon thousands of dollars change hands. The loss of $26 over the course of the evening, while unacceptable, is understandable in that nobody is perfect and there's any number of imperfect individuals with their fingers in the pot.

This woman may only be guilty of bad bookkeeping. It'll be an interesting story to follow.

Oh come on now!!!

Innocent until proven guilty for sure, but bad bookkeeping?!?!?! The scenario you lay out is pretty much a statistical impossibility. If someone is consistently off in dealing with the flow of funds they would be high some nights, low other nights, and right on others. If it were truly the result of bookkeeping errors they would not be off consistently in the same direction (short) over a period of years. Over a long period of time the "errors" (high and low) would tend to offset and net to little or no gain or loss.

That scenario is like saying you flipped a coin before each game over the 10 year period and it came up heads every time.

Edited by jwscv87