Crossmen run-through video

Ahhhh IBTL it is. Does that count for 11 year old videos as well? I'm about to post up Winston-Salem from 1995. Crown, Crossmen, Phantom, and Cadets.

Probably still does...I mean, no one's going to stop you, but your link will probably still be erased if it's posted on DCP.

There's some greyer area with regard to retreats, warmups, etc. I don't think there's a general ban on most lot stuff. Note: I am not a mod.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard a little clip of "My Humps"... up until then I was okay with the concept, but I'm sorry... that style doesn't belong in drum corps, IMO. It's HIP HOP. <**>

What? Why? I'm not a hip-hop fan, but the concept is them flipping through radio stations, and if you're doing that you're bound to come across a hip-hop station. It's fits with the concept.

I kinda like this show, especially had to smile at the Mozart and the halftime marching band show.

I thought it was a cool effect. I think it'd be cool if they played with a really brash, bright sound during the College Marching Band section. But that's just me.

Did you notice the Big Ten marching style they use during that fight song? Nice touch.

I'm thinking the vocals will improve as the season goes on just as the Blue Devils vocals improved last year.

Agreed. Also, am I the only one who loved the BD narrator's voice last year? The narration itself, you can hold whatever opinion you have, and the same goes for amps, but I thought the guy was a phenomenal amatuer voice actor.

I listened twice and missed the my humps thing both times. Oh well.

if you look down the suggested links on the side there is a link to Vanguards show too :)

I like the Black eyed peas segment. It is part of the radio surfing theme.

Yeah, I noticed the SCV show from this year on his site also. I watched it. I have seen all the west coast group several times this season. I like SCV this year, but I love BD this year.

Back to Crossmen. I am really looking forward to seeing them live this year.

Edited by BDguardsman

Agreed. Also, am I the only one who loved the BD narrator's voice last year? The narration itself, you can hold whatever opinion you have, and the same goes for amps, but I thought the guy was a phenomenal amatuer voice actor.

I'm with you on that one. His inflection of voice and the style of speech was very appropriate for the time period they were going for, IMO. And of course, the quality of their sound system was superior to anyone else's. Clear, balanced well.

Reminds me just a bit of...I think it was Bellbrook HS a year or two ago.

Actually, it reminds me of my alma mater, from Grand Nationals in 2004. They had a show that was themed around the news, and had a number of sections where a narrator would give a headline, and the band would play to that headline. It was a neat concept, especially when one of the "live reporters" was covering that very performance in Finals competition. :blink:

At the begining of the season I didn't like it as much. It was really bad but they worked things out. I'm hoping the Crossmen can work it out just like BD. This is really an entertaining show and I wouldn't be suprised if they come out over the Scouts in their first appearance.

I'm with you on that one. His inflection of voice and the style of speech was very appropriate for the time period they were going for, IMO. And of course, the quality of their sound system was superior to anyone else's. Clear, balanced well.

Thank you! There was so much hating on the narration that I never heard anything positive about the guy himself.

I really hope to see the Crossmen get in character this year. "NPR" voice, "Wacky DJ" style...if someone does a Paul Harvey impression, I will die of laughter. And then become an X-men fan for life.