Any news from Dover?

I guess so... when did they start giving out that award? What's next... GE Honor Guard and Entertainment execution? hahah :P a.

First Time I have seen that award handed out. Good to see CV in Dover also a strong Gold Corps. Congrats to the Bushwackers... See you guys in Harrisburg. Safe Trip..

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job everyone

congrats Bush

Bush was real good last night Great show I think the Cabs were a little flat but they also have a great show. Should be real fun this year. On a nether note Surf has a very entertaining show this year good luck to you guys this year.

Edited by lp1955

Congrats to all the junior corps and senior corps that performed last night at the Dover show!

I missed seeing most of the junior corps thanks to a huge accident on 287 North that had traffic tied up for three miles but I got to see all the senior corps. Everyone performed well and I hope you all keep working hard because it looks like it will be an amazing season for everyone!

Congrats to the Bushwackers for their 1st place win!

What's next... GE Honor Guard and Entertainment execution? hahah :P a.

Bawhahahahaha :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

GREAT show last night in Dover. I was fortunate enough to get to the field 2 hours before the gates opened and got to watch Targets, Surf and Sky practice, and walked around to hear Cabs, Vets and Gold warm the hornlines. Surf have a very entertaining show with a strong horn and drum line. Loved all the senior corps, as if there were any question on that.

It was an awsome night for a show, my only concerns were the bleachers were not centered on the field. Sometimes there were people camping on the fence between the bleachers and the field making it difficult to see, however, I noticed Sky's staff and the local police on top of that one keeping the fence clear for the rest of the night after Surf's performance. There was a huge crowd there. It seemed like more and more people came in even after the bleachers were full.

That stuff was nothing compared to my big beef, there was no intermission. A show that big needed at least 1 or 2 breaks. All the corps were great. I didn't want to leave my seat to go to the bathroom, forget about getting something to eat. I guess on the plus side, at the end of the night all the food went half price. :P

On the big plus side, all the corps trooped the stands, they were 3 feet away from us. You could see all the members faces and feel the awsome beats of the drumlines.

Fran, as usual, great job announcing. Drum corps shows just don't seem the same without your voice, especially since you know how to pronounce the corps names.

Anyway, thanks for bringing back your show Skyliners. It was my first since last year, and helped cure that drum corps itch. I hope the corps decides to run another one next year. Please keep the junior/senior/alumni format. In my opinion that diversity made the evening even better. Just add some intermissions. :D

P.S. Vets and Gold - Great performace guys and gals. Thanks for coming up north so early in the season. I can't wait to see the mega improvements as you refine the shows by championships. Wish you folks happy and safe travels back south.

P.S. Vets and Gold - Great performace guys and gals. Thanks for coming up north so early in the season. I can't wait to see the mega improvements as you refine the shows by championships. Wish you folks happy and safe travels back south.

I'll pass your thanks along to the corps later this evening.

Gold had one crazy day yesterday, one that really sums up how nutty this activity can get.

After pulling into the housing site at 5am, we got in an hour and a half of warm-ups and sectionals before performing in a local parade (where we saw Skyliners!).

Now, this was one of those parades where the organizaers tell you, "Oh, it's short...only a couple of blocks."

Well, "only a couple of blocks" in Jersey-ese must mean "3 and a half miles". It was long...longer than any of the parades on Tuesday in Maryland will be. This obviously cut into out afternoon rehearsal block, and we had to rush to get everything done and get to the show.

The corps really enjoyed playing for the apprciative Dover crowd. It was a good show, with the obvious first-show issues, but the season is young.

I was encouraged to see where we were in the mix score-wise, and it looks like it's going to be fun being in there with the Hurricanes and CorpsVets, both of which have better corps this year. CorpsVets had a very bug sound that I heard as we were coming towards the gate, and Hurricanes have an incredibly entertaining show (I saw the whole thing at Wildwood, and cought the second half after we performed).

After a parade in Maryland (that they are marching as I type this) we will put the ending of the show on the field in a rehearsal this evening (If anyone is near Dundalk High School in Baltimore, come on by!) I'm looking forward to seeing what we put on the field in Clifton.

My one disappointment of the night was that they had Fran up in the box. I was going to come over and say high as we were setting up. Sorry Fran!

Edited by Kamarag