Traveling on the bus...

I always did this great game I called "being the bus"...I would stand in the stairwell and press my face against the glass, and take the mic for the PA. I would then pretend I was the bus and would announce everything that I was doing over the PA. It was more or less stupid, but most of the time people ended up having a good time.

Another thing...we would play space music from star wars and pretend that the tail lights of cars were tie fighters. Our bus driver and several of us front of the bus people had a big thing for star wars, and we would quote it often. Even when the busses called to each other to check in our driver would say "Red 5, checking in." Many more star wars references abound, to much actually to go into detail without being asked to go into said detail.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep and play the game. We were playing the game in the early 80s. I'd be interested to know how much farther it dates back and to how many corps it spread. But I'm glad to know that everyone is still playing the game. :)

I always did this great game I called "being the bus"...I would stand in the stairwell and press my face against the glass, and take the mic for the PA. I would then pretend I was the bus and would announce everything that I was doing over the PA. It was more or less stupid, but most of the time people ended up having a good time.

Another thing...we would play space music from star wars and pretend that the tail lights of cars were tie fighters. Our bus driver and several of us front of the bus people had a big thing for star wars, and we would quote it often. Even when the busses called to each other to check in our driver would say "Red 5, checking in." Many more star wars references abound, to much actually to go into detail without being asked to go into said detail.

this whole post cracks me up. :ph34r:

we had 2 t.v.s and a vcr and a HUGE stack of movies =-)

• 2 weeks later...
we had 2 t.v.s and a vcr and a HUGE stack of movies =-)

T.V'S, no such luck on SCV. Those buses are from the 70's with only tape decks. But if you marched in the Cadets (SCVC) they had new charter buses for their tours with t.v's. Now that sucked. :drool:

Yeah, we played the game as well. KungFuCharlie (a couple posts above me) was my seat partner in 2001 and it really sucked because we were sitting in the second row of seats! In 2002 I was sure to sit towards the back! :drool: