Traveling on the bus...

I had a portable TV. Lifesaver, except every time someone would borrow it, something good would come on.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't resist.....

www.nikknakks.com/drumcorps

"The Boys and Girls of Summer: Part II- Bus Banter" is on the "Articles" page...

:P :P b**bs

:lolhit:

Thanks Nikk!

"Top 10" Bus passtimes

10) We used to have sunburn - peeling contests to see who could remove the largest patch of skin

9) We used to eat pretzel goldfish by splitting them in half and filling them with cheez-wiz

8) We used to wait till the first guy fell asleep then give him a makeover with hideous make-up and pretend not to notice when he woke up

7) We used to have contests to see who could peel the foil intact off of gum wrappers

6) We used to retire to the "smoking lounge" (restrooom) with 6 or 7 of us

5) We used to wait until Disco Bill fell asleep then ###### his twinkies

4) We used to steal Bud Stube's "piller" and hide it untill he panicked

3) We used to have "seat surfing" contests to see who could stay standing on the seatbacks longest without holding on

2) We used to light our farts on fire ("Blue Angel !!") with bic lighters

1) We used to engage in clandestine, illicit, contorted teen bus-seat sex acts that were never quite as satisfying as it sounds...

We did play the game, but my favorite was always the bus olympics: long jump, parallel bars (overhead racks), etc.

Wait for the bus driver to hit the brakes so I could watch the people sleeping in the aisle slide past me....

Hhaha the good ole days, better yet...when they would fall out of the luggage racks from above. CLASSIC!!!

we watched movies a lot. someone had a CD set with all the old classic TV show themes and we put that in the DVD player and sang them. ended up pissing the staff off. took bets on how quick we would get lost thanks to the bus drivers. (once pulled over for 30 min on the way back to the housing site after a show because they did not know where to go. turns out the site was another 2 minutes straight down the road. also passed Boston 3 times before the finally learned to pull off so we could have our free day) not many people slept unless it was late at night. stole gatorade from those that were not pulling their weight. invented new ways of sleeping on the floor with comfort. thats about all i can remember for now. i will post more once they come to me.

about the game. i brought it back to my high school and it was a huge success. people started doing it all the time and pretty soon it spread to the other busses too.

Edited by TitanSop06

One of my favs ( other than drinking) was to play The Family Feud! Thanks to CymbalSteve who is on here once in a while. He would think of general questions like " what is your favourite food on tour" and actually interview every member of the corps and come up with the top 5, then when on a long ride we would have tons of questions already answered by the members and make staff teams of 4 people and and do a quarters/ semis/ finals match!!!!! TOO much fun!

Thanks Steve!

"what body part do you wash first in the shower".........

Show me......... Your balls! x

Edited by DCM

we watched movies a lot. someone had a CD set with all the old classic TV show themes and we put that in the DVD player and sang them. ended up pissing the staff off. took bets on how quick we would get lost thanks to the bus drivers. (once pulled over for 30 min on the way back to the housing site after a show because they did not know where to go. turns out the site was another 2 minutes straight down the road. also passed Boston 3 times before the finally learned to pull off so we could have our free day) not many people slept unless it was late at night. stole gatorade from those that were not pulling their weight. invented new ways of sleeping on the floor with comfort. thats about all i can remember for now. i will post more once they come to me.

about the game. i brought it back to my high school and it was a huge success. people started doing it all the time and pretty soon it spread to the other busses too.

You had TV's on your Bus?....Jerk!!

We tried to put a boom-box one the bus but it sucked up batteries like you would not believe. And then there was the issue that nobody could agree on what to listen to...unless it was Dave Matthews :)