San Antonio Theory

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If SCV wins because Italy won, then Madison will place 3rd because they are the host, like Germany. :huh: B)

If SCV wins because Italy won, then Madison will place 3rd because they are the host, like Germany. :huh: B)

If the Cadets are diving off the props as I hear, does that make them Portugal? 4th place.....

If Devils drum major head butts Vanguard's horn sergeant in the chest then we'll be on to something here......

If the Cadets are diving off the props as I hear, does that make them Portugal? 4th place.....

If Devils drum major head butts Vanguard's horn sergeant in the chest then we'll be on to something here......

If all this is true, then Blue Stars are Ghana so, I guess they will make semi-finals and miss finals, barely missing. ^0^ :huh:

So far we've got:

1 - SCV

2 - BD

3 - Madison

4 - Cadets

That leaves Cavies in 5th and expecting to win so they must be Brazil?

I'm telling you - this works!

I think SCV is going to win because Italy won the World Cup.

Actually...the last time Italy won the World Cup, the Blue Devils took the DCI championship (1982). Coincidence? I think not. :P

Actually...the last time Italy won the World Cup, the Blue Devils took the DCI championship (1982). Coincidence? I think not. :P

Cut that out - it's my theory and I say Vanguard! :huh:

Yes, because show design seems to be BD's Achilles Heel in recent years.

Yes, because none of the other corps want to win championships, either. :huh:

I've been in a championship corps. The guys in that corps looked more or less like the guys in the other non-championship years in which I participated.

I really don't think blatantly obvious judging ever happens at finals. If makes you happy to think that your corps has lost in the past or will in the future because of such a thing happening, rather than the fact that other corps have simply been better or will be better, well...that's your prerogative.

No, sorry to disagree, but they don't have the "average" look that corps have this season. I've seen them and they are much different in their approact to this season than I've seen in the past. Not the usual overdone arrogance thing going on-it's quite relaxed for what they usually do. I remember that look from '82. There's an air of confidence in what they are doing and yet, it's very controlled. AND NO, I don't think it's because no one else wants to win a championship either. Everyone is out there for their piece of the pie too-I don't doubt that. It isn't likely to me anyone is going to roll over with 4 week to go. That being said, it's more of a climb for the rest of the groups behind BD than it is for BD to be at the top.

As far as blatantly obvious judging happening at finals, it happens. If you are that naieve to not believe it happens, well...that's your prerogative too! I've been there and done that in BD and I've seen it done more times than enough in DCI. BTW, everyone is my favorite corps. Didn't see me get all worked up over BD in 2nd in '04 AND I was there. The Cavaliers were better and that was that. Last year, The Cadets had a great show and they won-I didn't start any anti-BD conspiracy theories on DCP. This year, BD looks pretty good and ahead of the pack-good enough to win #12. IF they loose, then my hat is off to the better corps because they would have beaten a pretty awesome BD corps this season. I'll be happy with whoever wins-but I'll be MORE happy if BD wins.

I have to revise the theory a little. I realise now that it's been 24 years since Italy won, and 3 teams get medals, so....

27th Lancers will win DCI! ^OO^ :ph34r: