Best ways to get sponsorships

Hello,

I am planning on marching the Spartans for the 2007 season, and am going to need some sponsorships to make this dream happen. I was wondering what is the best ways to go about getting sponsorships to be able to afford to make the season the best it can be. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am planning on marching the Spartans for the 2007 season, and am going to need some sponsorships to make this dream happen. I was wondering what is the best ways to go about getting sponsorships to be able to afford to make the season the best it can be. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time.

When the 2006 season is complete, you can go to the DCP Sponsorboard for the 2007 season.

It has been a great help to our members.

When the 2006 season is complete, you can go to the DCP Sponsorboard for the 2007 season.

It has been a great help to our members.

I thought about that but from what i saw there was no responses to any off the posts which kind of scared me. Would writing or getting a sponorship letter and send them to diffrent buisnesses work too?

I thought about that but from what i saw there was no responses to any off the posts which kind of scared me. Would writing or getting a sponorship letter and send them to diffrent buisnesses work too?

You can't reply to topics on the sponsorboard. You leave your email, address, etc and sponsors get back to you. Read the topics at the top of the page, it explains all that. :P

As someone who's in your shoes, I'm encouraged that all the topics are closed- that, to me, says that those kids don't need money anymore. I'm certainly going to give the board a whirl this fall!

Yee thats my own fault i should of read that before just taking it for granted. Then i will definitly give that a whirl and see what else i can russel up around here. Spartans is what i want to do i will find a way to do it. No matter what i need to do.

Do both. Most corps make a letter available to the members to help with sponsorships, if your corps doesn't do so by say, February, then do one yourself.

My 16 year old son is in his 3rd year of marching, 2 with Esperanza, and this year with SCV. With school, and band commitments, it has been very difficult for him to hold down a job that paid enough to help with all the expenses invovled, so we got a little creative. Past years, we had a garage sale with donations from friends and family members, which raised about $1100. each year. People liked that he wasn't asking for money, he showed that he was willing to work for what he wanted, and they gained space in their homes. It was a lot of work, but obviously worth it. This year to give people time to accrue their 'junk' again, he sent about 30 letters out. He didn't get the response we had quite hoped to, but he did take care of about $750. worth of his fees. He sent to family, and people he knew had an interest in drum corps, music or youth activities. For example, his Dentist, certain teachers, a couple former Drum corps people, etc....

Also, check with your corps about any sponsorships, or things you can do to offset the cost, bus loading, kitchen help, etc...

It's an expensive activity, and keep in mind, it's not just about the fees, there's transportation to rehearsals, clothing-marching shoes, underarmour, laundry, food-sometimes, even the extra shampoo, and other supplies you will need for a long trip. That's not including some of your one time expenses, like a corps jacket, and money for souveniers or entertainment on free days. They seem like little things, but I spent over $200. the week before my son left this year, in show socks, underwear that doesn't show lines (I thought only women worried about that), shampoo, deodorant, and other 'little' things. You may think, I'll replenish on the road, but then you never know if you're gonna have a Walmart or a corner store, and you could end up paying double if you don't plan ahead.

We had no idea, the first year out that it was going to cost so much, but I figure with everything involved, it costs about $3000-$4000. a season. That figure will vary depending on how far you will have to travel, and how much you are available to take care of your bingo or other fundraiser obligation. Esperanza works concessions at the Padres games, SCV has Bingo, if you can't work it, there's a waiver. Fees from corps to corps is pretty close, from what I have observed.

Esperanza was actually more expensive the first year because they had rehearsals weekly, and fed themselves, even after all days started-for almost a month. The second year, we were able to make arrangements for the kids in our area to attend every other week, and since then, the corps has gone to one camp per month. Vanguard and many others follow the one camp a month plan as well. It really helps with the transportation cost, let me tell you!

So, look at the big picture and plan for all of it, so you and/or your parents aren't caught off guard, like we were that first year. We are not a wealthy family, and we found a way, you will too! You just have to work hard if you really want it.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you that is dsefinitly going to help me alot. If i can take care of most of the Tuition through sponserships then waht i will be saving beetween now and november will hopefuly carry me and take care of all the tour neccestites. I have been talking ot some poeple from other corps asking them what they have needed so i can plan now. thank you very much for that that will definitly help me plan a great summer. THe tution we are looing at is going to be beetween 750-1300 because of fianls in california next sumer. So anyluck i can get most of it taken care of.

you can contact me on aim or yahoo to talk more pm me for my sn or its in my profile.

I cut grass at $25-30 per yard back in the mid-80's and earned my tour money. I think it was $500 for Freelancers and $750 for Spirit. Anyway, I cut almost 3 yards a weekend and would make $75-$90 that weekend, thus giving me around $350, or so, for the month. After 9 months of doing this I had roughly $3,000 (not factoring in a few bucks for gas, eats, etc)....

It worked for me.....plus YOU can get around $45-$50 per yard now...

Good luck

Patrick

Edited by jsualumnus

Great idea thank you.