BD Tops Cavies in Stillwater

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems Cavies drums aren't scoring as high as usual and that's about the only thing holding them back as far as numbers go. There's a lot of cleaning time left before finals so anything can happen. It's also a very subjective box since there are a lot of approaches to drumming. A judge who places more emphasis on battery performance will always give more credit to a line like BD, while someone else might prefer the musicality of the Cavies. For that reason I'm glad that caption awards are averaged over the last 3 performances instead of just finals night.

Looks like different panel of judges are giving the Cavies the same placement with other corps. Could be a new caption head and different style maybe affecting the scoring? Perc. is usually the strong music caption for the Cavies while BD excels in brass. Kinda switched around this year.

i dont know if there has already been a discussion on this..but i just looked at the dci website and the score was changed from 86.08 to 86.075 and the other set of percussion scores were added because there were two percussion judges at the show.

Edited by utaheuph

i would agree with that... from what i have heard the judge got the spread between bd/cavs right but i think kthey should be much farther ahead of the other corps that you mentioned.