Complete coverage of Show of Shows

"The Cadets of Pennsylvania"?

UGH, but kudos for the coverage.

COLUMNIST: Chuck Sweeny

Corps marchto differentdrummers now

I never belonged to a drum and bugle corps during my years in teen land. Instead, I played in a series of rock ’n’ roll bands. Nevertheless, I’ve been a fan of the musical marching machines for more than 30 years. I’ve watched and marveled as the musicianship and field maneuvering skills consistently improved. When I and 3,500 other fans were blown away by the precision “wow factor” performances of eight drum corps during Sunday night’s Show of Shows at Boylan Stadium, I realized that times have changed in the world of drum corps.

Very cool story, as mentioned.

Actually Paul Cain (one of DCI's show coordinators or something along those lines) had been announcing shows all along the East Coast, and he's been presenting Cadets and Crossmen as being from YEA, Pennsylvania. It's pretty funny. Also funny was his response to Cadets' vocalist doing a mic check before he announced them. He said something along the lines of "I'm done with this" and pretended to start walking off the field. I thought it was funny.

All three had been top finishers in the 2005 Drum Corps International competition. The Cadets, based in Pennsylvania, performed a strange number I can only describe as Cirque du Soleil meets John Philip Sousa on LSD.

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

I was looking at the pics from Phantom's site and I almost died when I saw PR's DM singing into a microphone. b**bs Then I read the caption below the picture. :worthy:

My favorite picture on that site is the one of the guy jumping up in the crowd. Perhaps that should be our picture quote of the week?!?!

That would be PR alum Dan Vehe. He aged out in 2000 or 2001. Some would remember him as the guy who played the solo during concert performances of Elsa's Procession.

G