What's missing in today's shows?

I see the good and bad comments on this board, but, what do you think would make certain shows better or more appealing.

Before we get started, I'm going to get the first thing that I think you are thinking:

Amps.

That said, try for something a bit more original! :P

Preferably, I would like to hear a closer that is "balls to the wall," with a little more drive to it (Madison 97, 98.)

Add thine own.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preferably, I would like to hear a closer that is "balls to the wall," with a little more drive to it (Madison 97, 98.)

Add thine own.

Seconded.

Bocook is still writing some good charts; it's gotten covered up for...well, you know. I think people need to listen to him and some of Chuck Naffier's stuff with X-Men to see it can still be done without becoming too much of a slave to the visual element.

I know someone will chime in with "lack of melody"

Lack of melody. :)

Seriously though, back in the mid 90s, after I left a DCI show, I felt fulfilled. Now, after a DCI show, I feel cynical. :worthy:

Edited by KungFuCharlie

oi

EDIT: Responding to Matt

Edited by JMS0527

More than likely...but you have to admit, for some people who may not have a large breadth of musical experience/knowledge, some of todays shows take a while to process, and certainly aren't tunes you take out of the stadium with you immediately.

This year is a lot better about that...BD's "Godfather" theme is pretty recognizable, the Cadets "White Rabbit", and Glassmen's Beethoven amongst others. :)