What made you want to march the corps you march or intend to march?

I am curious what made some of you go out for a certain corps. Was it the uni or was it what they stand for or another reason? :worthy:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen 2000, the trumpet duet in birdland...i watched that clip of that show over and over.

Crossmen 2000, the trumpet duet in birdland...i watched that clip of that show over and over.

Birdland a good song and good memories.

Edited by AGdrummer

cavaliers/phantom

i want/wanted to march cavies because of their visual package

its freakin sweet!!

one of these days ill be marching there

i want/wanted to march phantom because their hornline is AMAZING, their low brass is AMAZING, and they play LOUD!!!!!!!

cavaliers/phantom

i want/wanted to march cavies because of their visual package

its freakin sweet!!

one of these days ill be marching there

i want/wanted to march phantom because their hornline is AMAZING, their low brass is AMAZING, and they play LOUD!!!!!!!

I absolutly adore phantom they are incredible.Cavies impressed me too. For me its Spartans for what they stand for and how they do things. Also Crusaders as my age out in 2008 because i love thier unis and love the way they operate also.

Mainly Location. But I'm not complaining. I've had great times in all the corps I've been with.

When I joined CapitolAires, my brother was with the Junior Scouts at the time. But besides being close by (considering my parents had to drive me to rehearsals since I was only 12), I wanted to be in a better group then him. At the time, that was true with Caps vs. Jr. Scouts. Sibling rivalry.. Gotta love it... Then Caps folded, or should I say..merged with Junior Scouts. It ad been 3 years, I wanted a change anyways.

Next it woulda been off to Arizona Sun, which unfortunately wasn't able to field a corps. I was 14 or 15 at the time, so I still couldn't drive. So why Arizona? My instructor from my first 2 years in Caps was teching out there. I still think Mike Knudson was the best instructor I have ever had in corps. (no offence to the others).

Somehow I got involved with Pioneer that same year after finding out the it was a no go for Arizona Sun. I (or probably my parents) talked to Pat Seidling and he told me to come on out to camp. So I did. All throughout my Caps years I loved Pioneer. We spent a lot of time at housing sights with them and whatnot. I idolized them...and got to know some of the members. Plus, Milwaukee's not too far from Madison. Both my parents got involved with the corps, so the hour/ hour 1/2 drive to rehearsals didn't bother them.

After 4 years with Pioneer, it was time for another change. Pat Seidling was with Southwind. I went down and auditioned and marched with Southwind for a year. I was living near Chicago at the time (at first), and had some other people nearby that I carpooled with. Then I moved back to Madison, and had all the Madison people/instructors to go down with.

Now, I'm having a great time in my 5th season with Kilties. Besides being only a 2 hour drive for me, these are some of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met. They truly are my second family.

All in all...like I said, it was mostly a location thing. But if there weren't any issues (money, lodging, travel etc.) I would have loved to go out to Blue Devils. The reason behind that was because I have always loved there shows. I'm a big jazz fan, and tear up almost every time that I see them perform.

Mainly Location. But I'm not complaining. I've had great times in all the corps I've been with.

When I joined CapitolAires, my brother was with the Junior Scouts at the time. But besides being close by (considering my parents had to drive me to rehearsals since I was only 12), I wanted to be in a better group then him. At the time, that was true with Caps vs. Jr. Scouts. Sibling rivalry.. Gotta love it... Then Caps folded, or should I say..merged with Junior Scouts. It ad been 3 years, I wanted a change anyways.

Next it woulda been off to Arizona Sun, which unfortunately wasn't able to field a corps. I was 14 or 15 at the time, so I still couldn't drive. So why Arizona? My instructor from my first 2 years in Caps was teching out there. I still think Mike Knudson was the best instructor I have ever had in corps. (no offence to the others).

Somehow I got involved with Pioneer that same year after finding out the it was a no go for Arizona Sun. I (or probably my parents) talked to Pat Seidling and he told me to come on out to camp. So I did. All throughout my Caps years I loved Pioneer. We spent a lot of time at housing sights with them and whatnot. I idolized them...and got to know some of the members. Plus, Milwaukee's not too far from Madison. Both my parents got involved with the corps, so the hour/ hour 1/2 drive to rehearsals didn't bother them.

After 4 years with Pioneer, it was time for another change. Pat Seidling was with Southwind. I went down and auditioned and marched with Southwind for a year. I was living near Chicago at the time (at first), and had some other people nearby that I carpooled with. Then I moved back to Madison, and had all the Madison people/instructors to go down with.

Now, I'm having a great time in my 5th season with Kilties. Besides being only a 2 hour drive for me, these are some of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met. They truly are my second family.

All in all...like I said, it was mostly a location thing. But if there weren't any issues (money, lodging, travel etc.) I would have loved to go out to Blue Devils. The reason behind that was because I have always loved there shows. I'm a big jazz fan, and tear up almost every time that I see them perform.

THat is how my first corps, experience started. I joined a a new corps trying to start and had a great drum instructor there. Then that particular corps folded and he went to another flegling corps that i now have spent 2 summers marching parades with. I owe me moving to that one drum instructor. Now this coming summer im off to Spartans . Horn line i am hoping. Ive been playing horns alot longer than i have drums. By two years to be exact. If it was not for me meeting that one instructor who knows where i would be today.

I fell in love with the Casper Troopers as a young lad in 1972. It was my dream to march with them. Their marching precision and drill design were so amazing, but the sweet uni's is what really interested me.

I was totally rocked by a Kilties performance at an early (79 or 80) WGI show in Madison. That performance made me give up playing soprano and began my marching career playing flag and rifle.

Oddly enough, my younger sister ended up marching with the Troopers, and I joined the Cavaliers.

While I enjoyed my drum corps experience, I truly loved marching in Winter Guard during the 80's. The Cavaliers summer program was just coming back (lower 12) but the winter guard was winning championships and traveling to Europe. It was a sweet time indeed.

I fell in love with the Casper Troopers as a young lad in 1972. It was my dream to march with them. Their marching precision and drill design were so amazing, but the sweet uni's is what really interested me.

I was totally rocked by a Kilties performance at an early (79 or 80) WGI show in Madison. That performance made me give up playing soprano and began my marching career playing flag and rifle.

Oddly enough, my younger sister ended up marching with the Troopers, and I joined the Cavaliers.

While I enjoyed my drum corps experience, I truly loved marching in Winter Guard during the 80's. The Cavaliers summer program was just coming back (lower 12) but the winter guard was winning championships and traveling to Europe. It was a sweet time indeed.

That sounds totally amazing.

That sounds totally amazing.

Performing in Amsterdam to a packed house, having them demand an immediate encore, and then finishing it off at a "cafe" with my best friends......man those were some amazing times.