Care Packages

Batteries (if needed), Gold Bond, easy to store non-messy snacks. If the bus has a VCR some movies for long bus rides. When I met my brother midseason in 2000, I gave him the film I had used up and asked him to bring me more. A 1.75 liter bottle of good vodka.*

*optional. ^0^

Edited by KungFuCharlie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 1.75 liter bottle of good vodka.*

*optional. ^0^

I'm shocked at you! There's no drinking on tour (especially in Chicago)!!! :lolhit:

Pretty simple. What kind of things would you send in a care package. (for this last piece of the season we have left. )

I usually send the same things (unless it's the last week) in my care packages.

Fresh Socks -- after half a summer of washing your socks out in the sink.. and basically trashing them every single day, a fresh pair or six of low rise, cushioned bottom socks feels like a fresh pair of shiny new feet. Tell your recipient to throw out the old ones -- I knew kids who actually kept them and ... eeewww..

Box Drinks -- apple juice, hi-C.. something to keep on the bus for when you wake up in the middle of the night with dry mouth.

Candy -- non-chocolate candy if at all possible. I usually send things like Skittles, gummi bears, twizzlers, sweet-tarts, jelly beans -- and I almost always take them out of the bag they came in and put them in a ziploc freezer bag.. unless the original bag is resealable, that's just a big old accident waiting to happen.. and you haven't seen mad until you've had to face an angry bus driver who just discovered you provided those skittles that got stomped into the aisle floor that took him two days and a putty spatula to get rid of...

Target or Wal*Mart gift cards. I like to send these in $10 or $20 denominations because there's almost always a Target or a Wal*Mart around -- even if the kids can't go, the volunteers often need to run over there to get stuff.. and if they need anything you can't send or didn't think of.. it can be gotten that way.. I also like to do it because some kids I know use disposable cameras on tour.. this way, they can take those in for 1hr processing and not only get rid of that bulky, used up camera.. but also have their pictures right then and there to share with their friends.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

I'm also bringing Jared some things, but I have to call him to see what he needs/wants before Atown.

If you're talking about Jared Mello.. we saw him at Cedarburg and asked if he wanted/needed anything.. he just smiled and said.. "whatever you want to send is fine.. I've got everything I need."

Well I'm going to the Allentown show, I'm bringing my friend Brian Sour Patch Kids, Gold Fish, Swedish Fish, Fruit Roll Ups, Gatorade, maybe a mix CD, some socks and under Ts. I'm also bringing Jared some things, but I have to call him to see what he needs/wants before Atown.

Yea the best thing to do is see what he is out of/destroyed at this point in the season and go from there.

Edited by AGdrummer

I took a bag of stuff to the Glassmen bass line last night. I got them some gatorade, fruit snack packs, a bag of miniature candy bars, and beef jerky.

Anything you can bring him to make his life easier probally would be much appreciated. Sunscreen, shampoo, shaving supplies etc.

Rolls of Quarters for the laundromats and vending machines in the housing sites were a big hit and I always send mine aerosol sunscreen, Lifesavers, Slim Jims and Skittles. Life is better with skittles.

And a handwritten card telling her I love her and I'm proud of her and that I haven't converted her bedroom into an exercise room.

Rolls of Quarters for the laundromats and vending machines in the housing sites were a big hit and I always send mine aerosol sunscreen, Lifesavers, Slim Jims and Skittles. Life is better with skittles.

And a handwritten card telling her I love her and I'm proud of her and that I haven't converted her bedroom into an exercise room.

Rolls of quarters i would never of thought of that. Thats going on my tour list.