MATT JENKINS WENT HOME!

the post says it all, IMO. Let Bluecoats have visual because they deserve it. It is super clean, but let's not insult phantom. Music goes to phantom in all respects. Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the #### is Matt Jenkins? :worthy:

Hey now, everybody who was at the Fairfield show said that Phantom had a tired performance and Bluecoats were on fire. GE is not as affective if the corps is too tired to perform the music at its best. That's certainly not the judges fault for scoring accordingly! :worthy:

If you really want honest judging, scores are going to fluctuate from night to night because no two performances are alike.

Edited by ekleve

and before you even start evan, it was inflated.

The judges are not incompetent just because things don't go your way.

Hey now, everybody who was at the Fairfield show said that Phantom had a tired performance and Bluecoats were on fire. GE is not as affective if the corps is too tired to perform the music at its best.

If you really want honest judging, scores are going to fluctuate from night to night because no two performances are alike.

if that were true about the tired performance, then it would affect their showmanship, not repetoire, and showmanship was their higher caption...

The judges are not incompetent just because things don't go your way.

INDY GE Music

BC 16.3

Crown 15.3

SOS GE Music

PR 16.8

Crown 15.8

Fairfeild GE Music

BC 17.50

PR 16.80

Crown 16.90

Dublin GE Music

BC 16.70

PR 17.00

Crown 16.10

Also, at Show of Shows PR beat Cadets in GE music by 0.2 and the night before the Cadets beat BC in GE Music by 0.1

i'd say he missed the mark, some judges are better at certain captions moreso than others...

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

INDY GE Music

BC 16.3

Crown 15.3

SOS GE Music

PR 16.8

Crown 15.8

Fairfeild GE Music

BC 17.50

PR 16.80

Crown 16.90

Dublin GE Music

BC 16.70

PR 17.00

Crown 16.10

Also, at Show of Shows PR beat Cadets in GE music by 0.2 and the night before the Cadets beat BC in GE Music by 0.1

i'd say he missed the mark, some judges are better at certain captions moreso than others...

Were you at both of those shows? I'm going under the assumption that you weren't. I'd rather have Matt Jenkins judging than somebody who thinks they know what the numbers should be without even being at the shows!

As I said before, each performance is different, which causes different numbers. I'm willing to bet Phantom performed WAY better in Dublin than in Fairfield. Everybody I know who was at those shows has told me that. In any case, I'm not going to cry foul on the judges. You don't see me complaining about the GE music scores in Dublin.

Were you at both of those shows? I'm going under the assumption that you weren't. I'd rather have Matt Jenkins judging than somebody who thinks they know what the numbers should be without even being at the shows!

you dont need to be a judge to know how number trends are. and what makes you such a numbers expert to refute my opinion?

As I said before, each performance is different, which causes different numbers. I'm willing to bet Phantom performed WAY better in Dublin than in Fairfield. Everybody I know who was at those shows has told me that. In any case, I'm not going to cry foul on the judges.

1. GE Music

As stated previously, the General Effect category is divided into Music and Visual. Under the General Effect Music caption are two further sub-captions: Repertoire Effect, and Showmanship/Performance Effect, each one worth 10 points.

Under the Repertoire Effect sub-caption, the following areas are evaluated:

Coordination

Imagination and Creativity

Variety

Artistry

Continuity

Climax

To achieve the highest score (Box 5): “The repertoire consistently produces an optimum effect maintaining the highest levels of audience intrigue and aesthetic appeal. The superlative blending of all the audio/visual elements with an absolute command of the principles of artistry, continuity, and climax are demonstrated.” (Sec. 8.5.1.6)

Under the Showmanship Effect sub-caption, the following areas are evaluated:

Involvement

Communication

Intensity

Emotional Range

Spirit

Professionalism

To achieve the highest score (Box 5): “Superlative achievement by the performers in the communication of the emotional involvement and intensity. The highest standards in communication are established and maintained throughout the program. The audience is constantly captivated, engaged and intrigued by the ability of the performers to infuse the written program with the appropriate and desired feeling(s), aesthetic qualities and intensities. The highest demonstration of professionalism is constantly present.” (Section 8.5.2.6.)

Go back and look at the subcaption numbers and tell me how regiment having less umph affected their score... showmanship was the higher of the two.. Jenkins was pretty much saying through number "you perform better than your book allows to"

You don't see me complaining about the GE music scores in Dublin.

I know, bc those are correct and it would be hard to refute them. :P

Edited by Phantom&Phitch