MATT JENKINS WENT HOME!

Sheesh ... it's the same every friggin' year. If the judges scores are too similar from night to night, and just increase incrementally throughout the year, then people complain about "slotting." If they vary from night to night and judge to judge, then the judge who disagrees with your opinion obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Sometimes I'll bet that it's the same people who will whine either way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the post says it all, IMO. Let Bluecoats have visual because they deserve it. It is super clean, but let's not insult phantom. Music goes to phantom in all respects. Thanks.

By the way, Matt Jenkins didn't go home. He went over to judge ensemble music last night. And you can thank him for putting Phantom in 1st in that caption. If you're gonna go out of your way to call out a judge by name when he gives a corps a number you don't agree with, at least have the courtesy to acknowledge him by name when he gives that corps a number you do agree with.

And even if it were from the same judge, isn't that what we keep saying we want -- an honest appraisal of THAT NIGHT'S performance ....???

*runs around yelling, clanging bells and banging gongs*

A hot button like that would be cool.

BTW, Matt did march with the Blue Devils before instructing with us. IMO, his scores are honest assessments of corps performances. He was never mean spirited in the time I've known him and don't believe he is like that now.

A hot button like that would be cool.

BTW, Matt did march with the Blue Devils before instructing with us. IMO, his scores are honest assessments of corps performances. He was never mean spirited in the time I've known him and don't believe he is like that now.

Of course he's not mean spirited! This is just a couple of Phantom (namely one) fans who have bad attitudes because things didn't go their way!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! They won't let me win!

babycry.jpg

Edited by ekleve

Do you have that phrase on a hot-key??? :P

hahaha no, I changed it up that time so you couldn't say I did.. (I added the yelling part)

:diva:

For years, a prevailing topic on DCP has been that there is no movement among corps -- that scores are pre-determined/slotted/whatever and that there isn't the suspense that "anyone can win on a given night" anymore. Heck, just a week ago there was thread after thread that a certain corps had (by their own account) serious breakdowns in a couple of shows, yet they still won. "How can this BE !??!!!??" "This PROVES that the scores are pre-determined!!!!". So now we have two corps one-upping each other night after night, and we're all up in arms because the judges aren't giving the same corps the nod in each category night after night. I don't get it. One corps is maybe tired one night and gets beat; the night before they were hot,hot,hot and won -- isn't this what we said we wanted??

The only result of this tight competition, IMO, will be one maxed-out, awesome show after another on Aug 12.

I've tried to hammer this kind of argument home...I think twice now....no one seems to hear it apparently

Gotta give props to Dan O'Neal for saying the same thing as well

Edited by JMS0527

Of course he's not mean spirited! This is just a couple of Phantom (namely one) fans who have bad attitudes because things didn't go their way!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! They won't let me win!

babycry.jpg

Yeah, why are the Bluecoats beating my beloved Regiment? WAAAAAAAAHHH!!! :P I guess it's time to call for a waaah-mbulance. Just kidding. But be very careful here. I remember in 1982, we were beating the Cadets by 7 points early in the season. They ended up coming back and beating us by .1 at DCI Finals. The scores are too close to call right now and that's how it should be. I would love for the point spread at DCI Finals between 1 and 12 to be less than 5 points.