VK News and UPDATE!

I don't know how my topic got closed BUT...It is about time that FUN comes back to DCI!!!!

Yes FUN!!! Man, some of you younger kids out there will get to see how fun drum corps is suppose to be. Yes learning is very important but Velvet Knights and Bridgemen were fun to watch and listen to every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love all kinds of music but for the past 20 years or so, everybody sounds the same. The uniforms are different but it all sounds like"blah, blah, blah." Bore me to tears! Okay I may exagerate slightly because I have always enjoyed Madison, Troopers, SCV, Blue Devils, Garfield oops sorry Cadets but sometimes we need MORE excitement.

Anyways....Can't wait for VK to come out.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now there are 4 corps in southern california that come to mind: Jester, Impulse, Esperanza, and Pacific Crest.

fyi, jester is based in phoenix, arizona. :)

I think VK would be a most welcome face in today's drum corps world. I think fans are itching for a brand of entertainment that is just plain fun and feel-good. Corps have evolved to a new level of sophistication...to the point that a certain "high brow" approach has become all too common. A dose of humor and light-hearted fun would be like a shot in the arm to the activity.

edit: wrong thread :blink:

Edited by bari_benzo

Would be sweet to see the gang back together again!

Question - Would Impulse merge with you? :worthy:

2 COOL VK - A Rare Medium Well Done - HAA! HAA!

The idea of "merging" with ANYONE has not been contemplated neither by the board nor staff.

By the way, I like your "A Rare Medium Well Done" - could we use it somewhere/somehow? LOL.... :) B)

Secretary

VKYAO

www.vkyao.org

mayra@vkyao.org

Uhhhhhhhhh....psssssst....

A RARE MEDIUM WELL DONE...that was from the 1987 license border at the end of the show...

Hey folks--about the "questions of IRS" stuff. That's something the legal eagles are figuring out for now. The "how's and the why's" OBVIOUSLY have to be answered, and they WILL be answered. Apparently, they are on the right road if VK has their non-profit status already taken care of, right?

I know, I know--someone will say "but what about those past due bills"...again...being worked on I'm sure.

A RARE MEDIUM WELL DONE...that was from the 1987 license border at the end of the show...

Hey folks--about the "questions of IRS" stuff. That's something the legal eagles are figuring out for now. The "how's and the why's" OBVIOUSLY have to be answered, and they WILL be answered. Apparently, they are on the right road if VK has their non-profit status already taken care of, right?

I know, I know--someone will say "but what about those past due bills"...again...being worked on I'm sure.

Well, I didn't know that Mr. Turner.....hahahahahaha.....just messin with ya.

We're definately on the right track.....that is FOR SURE!!!

Yes, this is Mayra...... :)

I was going to point that out myself, but... y'know, benefit of the doubt and all. Sarcasm translates so poorly on the Internet. I figure anyone who's involved in putting VK back together again must be familiar with their history.