Best solos of 2006?

Form a performance standpoint and a writing standpoint, which do you think are the best solos this year? I gotta give this to the baritone solo after the Bluecoats ballad...what a player! That octave jump is just unreal, and the way he holds out and crescendos that note to fill the stadium...just wow. Honorable mention to the trumpet solo leading into Crown's ballad, just a sweet melody that comes out of nowhere.

Edit: Almost forgot! Spirit's baritone soloist! Amazing!

I believe, if memory serves me correctly, that Bluecoats bari soloist is a girl. Not that it makes a difference. I'm just anal retentive like that! :)

I believe, if memory serves me correctly, that Bluecoats bari soloist is a girl. Not that it makes a difference. I'm just anal retentive like that! :)

I haven't seen any photos from this year, but the Bluecoats bari soloist from last year was a girl. Seems reasonable to think it could be the same person.

I know the '99 Bluecoats bari soloist was short! :P Just kidding with ya Kevin. :)

Form a performance standpoint and a writing standpoint, which do you think are the best solos this year? I gotta give this to the baritone solo after the Bluecoats ballad...what a player! That octave jump is just unreal, and the way he holds out and crescendos that note to fill the stadium...just wow. Honorable mention to the trumpet solo leading into Crown's ballad, just a sweet melody that comes out of nowhere.

Edit: Almost forgot! Spirit's baritone soloist! Amazing!

SHE! Ya wow, i haven't heard such a sweet sounding bari sound like that in a very long time, The octave jump is PERFECT....not many can do that without changing timbre.....very nice.

She is a girl, and she's awesome. She was the soloist last year, too.

Go Erin.

She is a girl, and she's awesome. She was the soloist last year, too.

Go Erin.

:blink:

She is awesome - my favorite solo this year! Of course she is my daughter and I am really biased in a big way. She wanted to play trombone in 5th grade because that is what her daddy plays. I solo'd with Blue Stars in '76 and 30 years later she kicks my butt b**bs

Go Erin

may I say it....

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:blink:

She is awesome - my favorite solo this year! Of course she is my daughter and I am really biased in a big way. She wanted to play trombone in 5th grade because that is what her daddy plays. I solo'd with Blue Stars in '76 and 30 years later she kicks my butt b**bs

Go Erin

may I say it....

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh man. I think I'm in love...