Order of appearance at San Antonio

why dont the just have the corps performance time by how they finished the year before...or How they placed during finals week last year. Makes it less work and complicated..

If it works the same as Battle Creek did, it was this past Sunday (7/9) and went through Saturday (7/15).

So by my calculations:

AFTERNOON

1 Pioneer

2 Seattle Cascades

3 Magic

4 Esperanza

5 Southwind

6 Mandarins*

7 Capital Regiment*

8 Blue Stars

9 Crossmen

10 Colts

11 Spirit

12 Glassmen

13 Madison

14 Blue Knights

NIGHT

5 Crown

6 Boston

7 Santa Clara

8 Cadets

9 Phantom

10 Bluecoats

11 Cavaliers

12 Blue Devils

*Mandarins will perform after Capital if they scored a 75.1 or higher on Saturday (scores still aren't up on DCI).

Edited by Lancerman07

for the lazy :P

Afternoon

12:00 p.m. Revolution

12:17 Pioneer

12:34 Seattle Cascades

12:51 The Magic

1:08 Esperanza

1:25 Southwind

1:42 Capital Regiment

1:59 Mandarins

2:16 Intermission

2:33 Blue Stars

2:50 Crossmen

3:07 Colts

3:24 Spirit from JSU

3:41 Glassmen

3:58 Madison Scouts

4:15 Blue Knights

Evening

7:00 p.m. Afternoon fourth place

7:17 Afternoon third place

7:34 Afternoon second place

7:51 Afternoon first place

8:08 Boston Crusaders

8:25 Carolina Crown

8:42 Intermission

8:59 Santa Clara Vanguard

9:16 The Cadets

9:33 Phantom Regiment

9:50 Bluecoats

10:07 The Cavaliers

10:24 Blue Devils

sweet spot for scv :)

yesssss... i wasnt too thrilled with the order last week- but i'll take this one any day :)

I noticed that Scouts got stuck going in the afternoon show this year. I understand how DCI figures out the order of appearance, but it really seems to hurt the corps that have improved alot over the week, i.e. from a 78-82 but they average out at 80, not where they are at this point. Their score right now has them in sixth, not tenth. Do you think having to perform in the early show and then turn around and perform again 3 hours later will hurt their scores and chance at passing another corps?? Since there is always talk about slotting and needing to leave room for the other corps, could going on this early hurt them score-wise which would affect placements in other regionals decided this way? I love the Scouts and while I don't really care how they do score-wise, I'd love to see them knock some socks of in the coming regionals and then finals in August. Just a thought for discussion, not trying to start a war or anything, just a thought I had.

I don't think it's fair to say Madison is in 6th any more than Crown or SCV. High Scores on any given night does not equal placement.

This order of appearance seems to fit pretty closely where most people (and polls) seem to think everyone is.

Blue Knights are hot, Madison is improving, etc, etc. But this is truly the order that needs to happen for performances (remember when Blue Knights got a late spot at San Antonio in 01 <which they didn't make top 12> based on their high placement the year before.. they pushed someone out of finals in San Antonio because they had a guaranteed spot)

So I don't think it will hurt Madison, and after all the talk about their show, and listening to the APDs, I am glad I get to see them twice (plus once more at another show this week)