Sheet Music

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then i guess this topic should be closed if know one will send me any music.

Edited by Silver_King

I don't think you're going to have many responses to your request. Most corps are rather "stingy" about releasing copies of their music and, in some cases, members are even required to turn in their sheet music at the end of the season.

I'm not stingy, nor did I have to hand it in....

but, it's mine.... I (we) played it, and I dunno if I want to pass out my music to someone I didn't march with. *shrugs*

maybe I am stingy. :mellow:

I DIDN'T BEFORE BUT NOW THAT YOU TYPED IN ALL CAPS SUDDENLY IT HAS MATERIALIZED IN MY LOWER-LEFT-HAND DESK DRAWER

this is HILARIOUS. :spit:

Rule #1 that I've learned: If you're asking for something, ask nicely. If you act like you have sand in your .... then nobody will want to help you.

I don't think you'll have luck getting music from anyone. However, if you go on the Pioneer website, you will find a bit of show music. It was there a few weeks ago, it should still be up.

Rule #1 that I've learned: If you're asking for something, ask nicely. If you act like you have sand in your .... then nobody will want to help you.

I don't think you'll have luck getting music from anyone. However, if you go on the Pioneer website, you will find a bit of show music. It was there a few weeks ago, it should still be up.

thank you

Silver King,

The reason you are not getting many responses to your actual question is this: Most "sheet music" for corps shows does not exist.

Most members receive music throughout the winter camps, and are then expected to have it memorized by move-ins. From there, VAST changes are made to the show, mostly in the form of cuts, additions, and a myriad of expressive tools. By finals, the music that was handed out in the winter is almost unrecognizable.

If someone actually brought their music on tour, my guess is it would be turned to dust after a summer of sun, heat, and rain. In addition, most people can be fairly stingy about how they share their corps belongings.

My suggestion to you is to listen to your favorite Scouts recordings. and try to learn some of the parts by ear. It'll be a great learning experience, and you'll actually be playing the finals show, as opposed to some unrecognizable sheet music handed out in November.

-m

In the brass forums on this site there used to be a topic with a link to the soprano 1 part for Cadets 1987 Appalachian Spring show. It was the complete part and back then there was very little change from the page to the actual show minus about the last 2 minutes. I had it myself at one time but do not know where it is now on my hard drive. Not real interested in locating it at the moment. Just food for thought. There is music out there if you search deep enough.

Edited by csugrad