Last Place

Not really, it was meant more tongue in cheek than anything. I just don't see the problem with acknowledging that someone is going to come in last place. I'm sure that the kids in Pioneer realized that could very well be the case when the auditioned (as did a few other corps)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this topic in another forum and just brought it over to see if anyone would do it.

I don't understand why it's unacceptable. Are we that embarrassed of the lower corps that we can't have a discussion about them? Nobody is bashing their shows (so far) or their kids, they are just talking about scores. I would imagine if the kids are marching Pioneer they aren't marching there to win a championship or anything, but for the experience. In my mind the people who think this is such a taboo topic are taking away from the kids experience in the lower corps because you're making scores out to be a huge deal.

I prefer to look at it as 23rd place. It wasn't THAT long ago that 23rd would be envied ....

True, and there was at one time level called the "Top 25". Then corps started folding and that changed to the "Top 21".

Yes, 23rd was a position that definately battled for because it made the corps an associate member.

Yep, talking about how the Cadets show sucks and is an embarrassment to DCI is ok, but acknowledging that someone is going to come in last place and suddenly you should start thinking about the kids. :P

Edit: This post isn't as serious as it may sound :P

Well done :wink:

I don't understand why it's unacceptable. Are we that embarrassed of the lower corps that we can't have a discussion about them?

Again, well said... I happen to think that the Seattle Cascades have one of the coolest shows music wise this year that they've had in a long time. So, since they are 20th place right now, is it ok for me to admit to liking it on this forum? Or am I going to walk outside to a lynch mob with torches and pitchforks because I enjoy music that isn't performed by the Blue Devils or Phantom Regiment. Who knows, I could be wrong. It could be ok to drag corps through the mud if they don't make semi-finals. But something in me thinks that's just wrong... IT'S WRONG. It... is... WRONG! <**>