(Insert corps name here) shouldn't have won!

OK so which DCI championship win did you think was most controversial?

I chose to not make a poll because, well, I don't really think the number of responses to any particular year are important

However...I do not want the tied championships of '96, '99, and '00 discussed here...those are an automatic "duh" for most people...I want the discussion to concern all of the years (and there are plenty of 'em) where one corps won and you thought another got totally screwed

I would point toward '87 as the topper myself...Santa Clara unbeaten...awesome show...Cadets suddenly threaten...both have great shows at the finals...

I gotta imagine that the hollering in the stadium when Santa Clara was announced was huge...even more so when the margin was 0.1

And, on that note...please please please...I'm begging you please...try not to let any discussion of '87 melt into a #####fest about the 20s the Cadets got in percussion

Ok

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies should have won.

Phantom should have won in 03

BD should have won in 04

Alright, I'll be the first to say the obvious one. I'll always prefer Star 1993 to Cadets 1993, though I can't really say that one or the other should have won.

The other year I'd pick might be 2003. Cavaliers were an audio/visual treat that year, blending the two masterfully. Probably a better visual package than even 2002.

1989 is another year where both corps are deserving. I prefer Phantom to SCV, though SCV's push in MotN is the highlight of that year for me.

Edited by Maedhros

That reminds me (thank Matt!)

Star shoulda won.

bd shoulda won in 04

Funny, I was kinda thinkin SCV. But I can see why you say that. Boy was 04 a competitive year!

IMO, 2004 was a clear-cut Cavies victory.

IMO, 2004 was a clear-cut Cavies victory.

w/Stp:

Actually, if a corps had to win, I would have picked Cavaliers. But 2004 is the one year ('cept for the three that were) where I could be comfortable with a tie.

Edited by Maedhros

Star - 1993

Phantom - 1989

Blue Devils - 1988

Spirit - 1980