famous corp members

Ringo Starr was center snare for The Troopers in 1959, and I'm also pretty sure that Dennis Eckersley was lead upper split soprano for Bridgemen from 70-73; he had some RIPPIN' solos.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bookmarked this thread a while back and thought I might add something to it and bring it back to the front.

90s Blue Devil soloist and lead trumpet player/backup vocalist of Denver & The Mile High Orchestra is pursuing a solo career and now has a MySpace music page with a demo up. You should go check it out. He does some screamin.

http://myspace.com/scottstewardmusic

For those of you not completely up to speed. Scott's band was third runner up on the FOX reality TV series "The Next Great American Band". It has also been rumored on a few online sites that Scott has been pursuing acting work and will be seen as a background/extra in the new Hannah Montana movie set to hit the theaters next month.

:doh:

SHOOT did anyone else listen to the track on that myspace? Makes me want to... :devil:

Edited by rtvs_2009

Ringo Starr was center snare for The Troopers in 1959, and I'm also pretty sure that Dennis Eckersley was lead upper split soprano for Bridgemen from 70-73; he had some RIPPIN' solos.

So I'm just wondering where the sources are for these. Not that I'm calling anyone a liar. I just want to see the source because you have to admit some of these are hard to believe at face value from a message forum. :devil:

haha....that's the best one yet.

Imus has said that he marched in the Marines drum corps....

O ... M ... G! Imus is on my Radio!

Puppet

So I'm just wondering where the sources are for these. Not that I'm calling anyone a liar. I just want to see the source because you have to admit some of these are hard to believe at face value from a message forum. :devil:

So If I told you that when Ringo had to leave to go east to Liverpool in 1961, the Troopers filled that hole in the center snare line with a guy who was also pretty good ( a little wild on tempo but knew his rudiments ) Pete Best? I assure you that info comes from the same source.

Puppet

Al Chez and Joey Pero (DCA)

Joey IS the new Maynard

There was a rumor back in the late sixties that Wynton Marsalis played second soprano for the Manhattanaires - but only for a half season. He kept falling asleep during concert. Can't confirm this but it sure sounds like like him, doesn't it?

Puppet

One of our Local Weather Guys (Brian Albrecht) here in Spokane used to march with Blue Stars during the early '70s. Met him a couple of times and thought it was pretty cool that we actually competed against each other back then.