Will a judge put Bluecoats first if they deserve it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is insane. Of course Bluecoats will get 2nd place it they deserve it. This thread screams "I love BlueCoats and they are getting

robbed. They should be top three no matter what boo hoo! They should be beating BD/Cavies."

If they don't beat BD or Cavies they didn't deserve it. It is a really simple concept.

If you don't think the judging is fair, don't be part of the activity. Judging is a huge part of the activity. If it is not fair why would corps come back year after year.

"Boo Hoo! The judging is not fair"

Whatever!

If the show was better, the score would be higher.

Yes enjoy Bluecoats, just don't ##### and moan if and when they do not place as high as you think they should.

Well, as Peter Griffin once said, "What the @@@@* does "rant" mean?"

I think the only one crying on this thread is the one with all the negative hostility...

:huh:

*(If my language is going to be filtered, I'm going to choose the symbols that do the filtering.)

Edited by oswald

I'm not sure if it will happen, but if it does happen my money would be on brass with Steve Calhoun judging, He's the same guy a few years back who had Patriots over Crossmen in brass at San Ant. during the afternoon show...... and having some experience with his numbers i think he is one of the only judges who will call it the way he sees it no matter what the outcome may be. Meaning if he thinks you are better, he will reward you no matter what corps you are.

I doubt Steve Calhoun had Patriots over Crossmen in Brass, when Patriots were being judged on Div II sheets and Crossmen were being judged on Div I sheets. Didn't he write the brass book for Patriots? (or maybe I'm thinking of someone else).

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

I doubt Steve Calhoun had Patriots over Crossmen in Brass, when Patriots were being judged on Div II sheets and Crossmen were being judged on Div I sheets. Didn't he write the brass book for Patriots? (or maybe I'm thinking of someone else).

Crossmen did get their ***** busted in the brass caption during the '99 season. I only have the Finals recaps from that year, but I'm pretty sure at Quarterfinals there were corps placing in the 20s that were beating Crossmen in brass performance.

I think the only one crying on this thread is the one with all the negative hostility...

Agreed ... jmc5682 -- I created this post and I stand by its premise. Not to whine. Not to "boo hoo." Just a question -- as many have said, if a judge is just about to write down a score, and he's debating in his mind what score the corps deserves, they are human and despite all their training some of them invariably think "should I put (insert upstart corps here who hasn't won a championship or a caption title) and ahead of (Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, corps who have won a lot recently and dominated the caption titles)??"

They're human -- we humans all think things like that. It's not like football where the upstart Steelers can actually go into Indianapolis and upset the heavily-favored, seemingly-title-bound Colts in the playoffs. Drum corps is simply and completely peoples' opinions based on training and knowledge -- which is why forums and topics like these even exist.

And if the Bluecoats DON'T win a caption (I'm not holding my breath for them to take first overall, but man I'd love a caption win on one judge's sheets), there won't be any whining from me -- you can take that to the bank. They made their presence felt last year; they've backed it up and being in the mix this year ... this is a process -- one that I hope continues for the Bluecoats for years and years and years.

Edited by BlueR36

They should - I saw Bluecoats in San Antonio - whoa...

Honestly, it's the ONLY show that ENTERTAINED me. They are awesome

If they need an agent contact ME!

heh heh

Good to hear!!!! Wish I could've been there ...