Is it healthy for more than one corps to be under the same orgaization

I wanted to start something new here. How do many of you feel about organizations operating more than one Division I corps at the same time. I have mixed emotion and I guess it all depends if one is handled like a feeder for the other group OR if they are truly able to act independently of each other.

Having a Division II to feed in to the Div. I does not count.

Just wanteed to put that one out there. I have been following this trend and noticed some unique situations - both good and not so good. I will add my opinion later -

Thanks in advance to any observation or opinions

I think it can be very healthy if the corps are given some room to control their own game.

It can save money as there are some goods and services that a group of corps can share the costs on without hampering their effectiveness (i.e. back office staff).

In the long term, no. As a short term "savior", to keep a corps from folding, yes.

There are plenty of DI feeder corps. Any corps not in the Top 12, any corps not in the top 5/6.

I bet the members of those corps love you refering to them as feeder corps.

We've been down this road before here, long before you joined up. It always ends up the same - denials, accusations, innuendo, etc. In short, if you think Crossmen are being kept down by YEA!, you'll believe it no matter what people say. End of topic.

I wanted to start something new here. How do many of you feel about organizations operating more than one Division I corps at the same time. I have mixed emotion and I guess it all depends if one is handled like a feeder for the other group OR if they are truly able to act independently of each other.

Having a Division II to feed in to the Div. I does not count.

Just wanteed to put that one out there. I have been following this trend and noticed some unique situations - both good and not so good. I will add my opinion later -

Thanks in advance to any observation or opinions

Please... This topic has been beat to death. It's not new.

Please... This topic has been beat to death. It's not new.

Actually I kind of was referring to history like when Boston, Carolina Crown and even Magic were a part of the YEA. Isn't there a relationship with Madison and I think Southwind?

At one time, the Brigadiers even were funding meals for spirit one year and had financed part of Magic. I know I may not have the facts as dead on as I would like but in my experiences it seems to go well for some and not for others. There was not any inuendoes to be implied.

I know Crossmen benefit from the YEA connection with regards to the above mentioned items. They also are in charge of their own decisions. YEA is a resource, and in my opinion, a useful resource for them.

That's all - thanks for the replies -