"The Bluecoats Should've"

I do think I know what you mean. The closer they get to the top, the more they will be scrutinized by their detractors and defended by their drones :P

On pace to pass "I hate this Cadets show" as the most-used phrase on DCP.

That being said.....

:beer:

I like their show this year, it's good, but people are acting as if they're being consciously held down, and I'm not certain that's true.

I guess I've missed that vibe altogether. I'm sure some feel that way but I'm also pretty sure that most (if not all) of the alumni are just excited as all get-out to see 'Coats near the top for once - that the complainers are mostly just the self-proclaimed, DCP pundits. I mean, we BEAT Cadets last night. I can't underscore how huge that is for the organization - how much it means to the membership.

I guess I've missed that vibe altogether. I'm sure some feel that way but I'm also pretty sure that most (if not all) of the alumni are just excited as all get-out to see 'Coats near the top for once - that the complainers are mostly just the self-proclaimed, DCP pundits. I mean, we BEAT Cadets last night. I can't underscore how huge that is for the organization - how much it means to the membership.

It's very well deserved, and it didn't go unnoticed.

In my mind, the Bluecoats didn't just beat Cadets, they sent a message to DCI that they are indeed for real, and are ready to be considered "elite". I was blown away by thier show, and I only saw it on Season Pass. I cannot wait to see it live next weekend.

I think the Bluecoats have one of the most musically pleasing, visually exciting and "fun" shows in the last several years....for any corps. I've been waiting for them to make this move (I include last year's show as part of 'this move') for many, many years.

Edited by Kamarag

Bluecoats doing Cirque du Soleil has made me even happier! I'm hoping that next year they'll play "Once Upon a Time"

Take us with a grain of salt. We've waited out turn for a very loooong time and we're just maxing out the celebration now. :) Think of it as being similar to the Red Sox finally breaking the curse, only our curse was being looked down upon. Red Sox fans went nuts when that happened. No matter what place they end up in on Saturday night, the statement has been made to the DCI community. Personally, I don't care about the rest.

We never demanded a ring. We always just demanded respect. Now I think it's safe to say that we have it. Life is good.

I can just sit back and enjoy everyone this season, now that I'm not worried about my Blue team getting ignored or counted out. Lots of good shows out there this year, such a great time to be a drum corps fan! I'm so excited to see BD, Cavaliers, Cadets, and Bluecoats at the Massillon show this month. B)