A Drum Corps/ Marching Band Show Simulator

The market is too small and the cost to high today.....but in the future things like this will be easier to make. It would still take a few individuals with some knowlege to put it together, but graphics tech is growing by leaps. Soon we will have programs to write programs (we already do really). I say give this tecnology five more years before it is feasible.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my DSL is jacked- double post. See below.

Edited by Wild Nights

We used to talk about this during lunch breaks at band camp.

There would be "director mode" where you manage rehearsals etc- the more you work, the more you get done, but there's like a "fatigue bar" that drains as you rehearse (a la The Sims). So you have to balance rehearsal and free time. Then you get to plan tour, plan stops, housing sites, etc. You would also have to work through problems like injuries, bus breakdowns etc.

Then there's "member mode" where you perform as a member. There would be arrows that show you where your spots are and you use a d-pad or direction buttons to get there. But there's also visual moves, horn pops, high mark time, jazz run etc that you control with the triangle, circle, x, and square, and R/L buttons. Sort of like DDR, drum corps style, without the dance pad.

And there would have to be an owners mode like madden so in the off season you could set ticket prices for your home show, choose bus compaines, staff, and worry about finances and fundraising and stuff.

Of course there's a LIVE mode where you connect online and compete against different corps at regionals and stuff.

Realistic? No. Awesome game? HECK YES!!!!! I'd buy it!

We used to talk about this during lunch breaks at band camp.

There would be "director mode" where you manage rehearsals etc- the more you work, the more you get done, but there's like a "fatigue bar" that drains as you rehearse (a la The Sims). So you have to balance rehearsal and free time. Then you get to plan tour, plan stops, housing sites, etc. You would also have to work through problems like injuries, bus breakdowns etc.

Then there's "member mode" where you perform as a member. There would be arrows that show you where your spots are and you use a d-pad or direction buttons to get there. But there's also visual moves, horn pops, high mark time, jazz run etc that you control with the triangle, circle, x, and square, and R/L buttons. Sort of like DDR, drum corps style, without the dance pad.

And there would have to be an owners mode like madden so in the off season you could set ticket prices for your home show, choose bus compaines, staff, and worry about finances and fundraising and stuff.

Of course there's a LIVE mode where you connect online and compete against different corps at regionals and stuff.

Realistic? No. Awesome game? HECK YES!!!!! I'd buy it!

Being a fan of Sim City and such, I would love this game. As for the DDR style minus the pad... Why leave out the pad? You could do step-outs for direction changes and mark time for steps. There could even be a drum attachment kind of like Donkey Konga. Oh and when I was in Japan I saw an electronic trumpet. You blow air into the mouthpiece and press the buttons and a midi sound comes out. Sweet as ####.

Many of thge best games before the tech bubble came from "regular" people that wanted something that wasn't readily avaible. Why not get some tech geek to whip something up. It doesn't have to have full sim capibilites. Why start with just dots and downloadable music and move on from there. make it easy and affordable to get people interested then do add-ons and upgrades.

Being a fan of Sim City and such, I would love this game. As for the DDR style minus the pad... Why leave out the pad? You could do step-outs for direction changes and mark time for steps. There could even be a drum attachment kind of like Donkey Konga. Oh and when I was in Japan I saw an electronic trumpet. You blow air into the mouthpiece and press the buttons and a midi sound comes out. Sweet as ####.

And even with the new release of the Wii you could use the controller to simulate being a drum major b**bs

^OO^

Imagine a day where drum corps games lead the industry in creativity. :P

If a game about a giant sticky ball rolling up garbage can be successful, nothing is impossible.